PDA

View Full Version : 36in exmark blades for a metro

adam5557
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey guys i am looking to buy some extra blades for my mower.Where can i get some for a good price for a 36in exmark metro?thanks

Fareway Lawncare
05-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Just Got a Stack of Off Set Mulch Blades from J-Thomas for Like $6 a Pop...The Dealer Wanted $25 a Blade !

I Told Him to Shove those OEM Blades Up His Azz !

Fareway Lawncare
05-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I Must admit It's Not the Dealer's Fault the OEM's are So eXpensive...But I Saved over $500 by Buying from J-Thomas.....Loyalty only Goes so Far.

south jerz
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Can you tell me what your blade-sharpening system consists of?

beransfixitinc
05-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Can you tell me what your blade-sharpening system consists of?

Looks like the Mag 8000 http://www.magna-matic.com/sharpeners/mag8000/index.html

dvmcmrhp52
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Just Got a Stack of Off Set Mulch Blades from J-Thomas for Like $6 a Pop...The Dealer Wanted $25 a Blade !

I Told Him to Shove those OEM Blades Up His Azz !

Ya, like $9/ gator blade versus $17/ blade at the dealer.
Support the dealer? Sure, within reason. Get raped? Nope.

beransfixitinc
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Ya, like $9/ gator blade versus $17/ blade at the dealer.
Support the dealer? Sure, within reason. Get raped? Nope.

Just to be straight here... I agree the OEM blades are WAY overpriced, but it is not a dealers fault. When you look at the price that a dealer pays for OEM blades, and shipping from the distributor (they don't all give free shipping over $50) the dealer ends up barely breaking even if he just charges the list price.

I think I like the way Kawasaki runs their dealer process... everything ships directly from Kawi to dealers.

In my opinion, Tecumseh is screwing the dealer the most.. They have what they call servicing distributors, which seems to be just a high level dealer that all other dealers in the area have to go through to get signed up and are supposed to buy their parts from.

What tells me it's screwed up, is when we have to order a part (like a transmission) and the servicing distributor tells us they'll have to order it. We get the thing a few days or so later and it's got a UPS sticker on the box covering the sticker from the main distributor to the servicing distributor.

So then, not only does the little dealer pay freight and handling from the servicing distributor, but also has to pay the shipping and handling from the distributor to the servicing distributor. On a transmission, that can add up to almost $40 sometimes.. The dealer isn't going to just absorb that cost and make $30 on the transmission.

And what gets me, is when the above happens, we usually wait 3 or 4 days to get the part.. when the UPS shipping time from the main distributor to us is one day/next day by ground. This in turn upsets you, the end user because you can't understand why it takes us so long to get a part or transmission for your belt drive walk behind.

I think it'd be great if a company with some sense would buy Tecumseh's power equipment and transmissions group and really turn the company around.

And.. I think I may have gotten off topic from the beginning of my post.

dvmcmrhp52
05-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Now we agree, but only the dealers can change this.................... :cool:

beransfixitinc
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Now we agree, but only the dealers can change this.................... :cool:

Who is that in response to?

dvmcmrhp52
05-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Who is that in response to?

You............ :waving:

Hacksquat
05-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I've ordered several sets of blades from Travis at Landscape Supply. He's a sponsor on the top of the site. Great results. I received my last order of Gators the next day. Great service.