PDA

View Full Version : Having the police called on you

mowpronj
05-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Has this ever happened to anybody else ? I'm cutting grass at a customers house and the next thing I know there are two police cars in front of the neighbors house. After they talk to her a while they come over to me, and tell me i cut the neighbors grass and they are upset. So after talking to the officers I tell the lady I will give her a BILL. then she is the nicest person you would want to meet. Amazing what people will do.

Texas Mowem
05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Has this ever happened to anybody else ? I'm cutting grass at a customers house and the next thing I know there are two police cars in front of the neighbors house. After they talk to her a while they come over to me, and tell me i cut the neighbors grass and they are upset. So after talking to the officers I tell the lady I will give her a BILL. then she is the nicest person you would want to meet. Amazing what people will do.

What ?.....

MMLawn
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
What are you saying? That you cut the wrong peoples lawn? If so I'd never tell that on here. ;) ;)

kc2006
05-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I had someone do this to me before. i cut over into their yard by about a foot and they freaked out. I said i was sorry and that it was just that much that they didnt have to do. Then the guy went into a speach for 20 mins about how when the time comes that he cant cut his own grass anymore that he will be calling me but he doesnt want it done yet because he can still do it and blah blah blah, i was dizzy after his speach.

mtdman
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm not sure I understand what happened.

captken
05-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure I understand what happened.
That was WAY over my head.... :dizzy:

rodfather
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
I am totally lost on this one...as in clueless.

Charles
05-13-2005, 06:15 AM
I think he said he cut part of the wrong yard and that he was going to send the correct his error by sending the neighbor a bill for the grass he wasnt suppose to cut???? :dizzy: lol

65hoss
05-13-2005, 08:14 AM
I think I would send her a bill. Only thing billed for would be "stupid neighbor fee" .

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-13-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm lost here as well. I think he cut over on the neighbor's property or something. Called the cops? I think this lady is lucky the police dont bill for stops like the local ambulance service does. Maybe they should, it would eliminate the stupid nonsensical calls.

Watkinslawnservice
05-13-2005, 09:19 AM
HUH??????????????????

Gravely_Man
05-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Just bouncing this back up so that we might get the real story.

Gravely_Man

Reliable Lawn Care
05-13-2005, 11:44 AM
:help: So, who is getting the bill???? Sounds like someone just had a bad dream that seemed real! LOL

olderthandirt
05-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Waste of time...................

Grass Masters
05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I guess the cops have nothing better to do with there time

Did you cut all of her yard or just over the property line

Remsen1
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
some people feel no shame for calling the police. are you a big scarey looking guy? why would she be afraid to come out and politely show you the boundry? some people are ridiculous.

RKISTNER1
05-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Next time you run in to people like that. Have them call the Coast Guard..then watch their reaction.

Precision
05-13-2005, 06:06 PM
put down the crack pipe, your syntax will be much better.

and MAYBE you won't cut the neighbor's yard.

crawdad
05-13-2005, 07:17 PM
That happens to me all the time. Actually, that's how I met my wife.
Crawdad

proenterprises
05-13-2005, 07:55 PM
some people feel no shame for calling the police. are you a big scarey looking guy? why would she be afraid to come out and politely show you the boundry? some people are ridiculous.

Exactly. Imagine that there is a real emergency, and 2 officers are tied up at some bullshit lawn call. Some people need to grow some, and just deal with problems.

LawnBoy89
05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
So you mowed the wrong lawn, and after being confronted by the police you said you would send her a bill and then she was happy? That's what I got...

Steppenwolf
05-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Acutally I think the neighbor thought it was a crime that a lawn boy could charge 25 dollars to cut the grass :) Cuff em and stuff em.....off to jail :)

surfisher211
05-13-2005, 10:40 PM
i have have an account at a bar . i go there every Sunday morning and blow the parking lot clean after the party animals , and there is a house next to the bar,and i assume the guy doesn't like living next to the bar. so i was blowing away and getting it clean for the week and 3 cops pull in and say that the neighbor is bitching saying that glass and dust is blowing into there yard! i told the cop if there is glass there its not from me as i sweep any crap that is next to there house away with a broom then blow it the opposite way , so the cop was happy with it and told the guy to stop calling them lol . i talked to the owner of the bar and the guy that owns the house has been giving him a hard time since he opened lol