PDA

View Full Version : Identify this....

sailinstud420
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I was just mowing along the other day and I happened to wack this thing, it was in the middle of my backyard, lucky for me it didn't end up through the window, but it did take a nice chunk out of my brand new set of gator blades :cry: Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could identify this thing, I am about certain it didn't come off of my TT, but if it did I would like to know where it came from.... Let me know.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Damned if I know. Cost a bunch though, huh? Brand new Gators? Wow, that sucks.

Itsgottobegreen
05-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Do you have any 4 wheelers? Or other play or work toys. Looks like a brace off of something else.

captken
05-11-2005, 11:14 PM
off the handle, perhaps. Maybe a cable attached through the hole...just guessing. It would take more than that to seriously damage a gator blade. That part doesn't look like its been hit too hard....

Its good to know I'm not the only one whos posted a sock and toe shot along with my picture:p lol.

Jay Ray
05-11-2005, 11:20 PM
If I had to guess, maybe a belt guide off the deck of a homeowner lawn tractor.

out4now
05-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Looks like part of a latch to a gate or something?

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Looks like part of a latch to a gate or something?

HEY! THAT"S WHAT IT IS! I have a customer with a gate latch just like that. I'll take a pic and post it here. Monday.

captken
05-12-2005, 12:08 AM
HEY! THAT"S WHAT IT IS! I have a customer with a gate latch just like that. I'll take a pic and post it here. Monday.

Wow, I can hardly contain myself, couldn't you please try and post that picture sooner? :angel: lol, kenny.

FLYonWALL9
05-12-2005, 12:09 AM
No doubt, that is the same latch on my faters gate. If he didn't live in another city I would take a picture.

Runner
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I hit a hammer yesterday. I knew right away what it was, though. :realmad:

beransfixitinc
05-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Truthfully, and it's not uncommon, I would have to confirm that it is a broken piece of the engine kill/blade stop portion of the handle on a Murray type walk behind mower. The one end goes into a hole in the handle (actually, one on each side if you had the rest of it) and the "zone control cable" Z bend fits in that hole in the piece you took pictures of.

There is probably more of it somewhere.

sailinstud420
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
beransfixit- I actually had a murray mower that I found on the curb last fall, I took the engine off of it and put it on my 28 year old 21" snapper, it runs like a champ now! It was the same tecumseh engine, with a slightly different shaft and it just happened to work. I do recall taking the mower out back and roughin' it up a little, (just because its a murray, lol) but I just through the thing away about a week ago, and as I recall the handle was still on it. Just out of curiousity, could someone with a mower like this maybe take a pic if you think of it? I wonder if that is what this really is? I recongnize the part, and yes there is more to it somewhere, cuz you can see where I it either got broke or I wacked it in half with my mower....

beransfixitinc
05-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Just out of curiousity, could someone with a mower like this maybe take a pic if you think of it? I wonder if that is what this really is? I recongnize the part, and yes there is more to it somewhere, cuz you can see where I it either got broke or I wacked it in half with my mower....

Here is what it should look like as a whole piece. Sorry, all the junkers in the back have been mostly torn down already.

Steve9
05-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Its a gate latch

CWG
06-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Muffler bearing retaining device. Common on SkabMowers

kilpatrickshrub&turf
06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Almost looks like a bit of linkage from a big WB.

Tharrell
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I was going to say it was some sort of latch but I couldn't put my finger on it.
I do a friend of mines yard and there's always SOMETHING in the yard. I've picked up this broken golf club 3 weeks in a row and placed it on his deck. Yesterday I saw it flying through the air into the woods. That's where anything I find in the yard is going from now on.

vipermanz
06-07-2005, 04:49 PM
i would have guessed kickstand...

packerbacker
06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Looks like part of the axle off a kids little red wagon

txlawnking
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd just be miffed about my new blades getting jacked :realmad: ..

But for the record, it does look a lot like either a gate latch, or the control handle from a Murray or something..

walker-talker
06-07-2005, 05:40 PM
What is this....an online version of the "Liars Club"? Some of you may not remember that program...showing a bit of my age I suppose.