PDA

View Full Version : Mower VS Dandelions

Green Quality
05-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Well seems like the dandelions are winning,I would say they are the most hardest thing to cut.any mower that I use I'm lucky if I get 90% of them in one pass.any tips out there?about mowing them?Ps they drive me crazy! :dizzy:

SodKing
05-12-2005, 08:18 AM
sharpen your blades

macaw
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Meg-Mo blades do a good job but there is that one or two,also try and get as much gap between your blades and the bottom of your deck that will help with the lift to draw them up to cut them.

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM
I always tell my customers that lawn mowers are for grass. If they want to reduce the weeds then they need to get service for that....

Derek

Tharrell
05-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Ditto on the service. They are really easy to control with the right herbicides. People will always want you to do what they probably do at home, run over them about 5 times until you get them all. I don't think so.

br549oicu8
05-12-2005, 09:35 AM
For us it's pretty much..no spray weeds..no mow your lawn!
We convince over 75% of the people to spray at least 4 rounds per year. Those that don't care...well then neither do I!!!
We have told those kind of people little stories like.....we have to go to the carwash after I mow your lawn because the rest of the customers don't want us bringing all the weeds seeds to their lawn...so the price will reflect the time and the wash......You get the idea!

procut
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Tell me about it. Had a customer call the other day, normally on a weekly schedule, but demanded we show up sooner becasue the "dandilions are out of controll", guess she never heard of chemicals, her theory is to just mow every couple days to controll them, whatever.

Pro-Scapes
05-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Dandilions aint been so bad yet here for me. Clover been really bad tho. I gotta find a new weed and feed. This one used to work great but seems is sucks this year

Richard Martin
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
There are a couple of things you can do. The first and most obvious is slow down. The second is sharpen your blades down as close to the center hole as possible. Sharpening the blades close to the center works wonders on tall stalky growths like Dandelion, Butter Cup, Plantain and Bahia.

Tharrell
05-12-2005, 08:23 PM
ha ha ha! Plantain service, inc. Or, Buttercups 'R' Us!