PDA

View Full Version : Like A Good Neighbor

DAZ982500
05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
I Have Three Nieghbors That I Started Cutting There Lawns For This Year.one Directly Next Door, The Other Two Perpendicular To My Road. I Literally Roll The Equipment Out Of The Barn 1.2.3 Done.today I Go To Eds House He Comes Outside Tells Me To Cut The Lawn Shorter I Tell Him It Might Looked Dried Out As He As A Blend Of Winter Grass That Even Know Sections Appear Dried Until A Good Bit Of Rain Penetrated The Soil And Allows It To Turn Green Any Way I Do What He Tells Me The Lawn Looks Brown It Parts And Other Parts There Are Clippings Left Over. I Thinking I Am The Fool Here I Should Have Listened To Him.anyway He Says Do You Think You Could Cleanup The Clippings And By The Way Could You Edge More. I Agree. The Other Neighbor Asks Me To Edge Next To A Car Which Sits In The Street All The Time Its A Psychiatrist.i Dont Want To Fling A Rock And Damage The Car. So I Avoid It And Leave A Tiny Strip That Is Next To The Car Slightly Longer Undone. She Tells Me To Come Back Some Other Time And Do It.which From My Observations Are Nearly Impaossible Car Is Always There. Any Way I Suppose The Bottom Line Here Is I Thought I Was Being A Good Neighbor All This For 60.00 Dollars An Plenty Of Headaches With A Lousy Looking Lawn Today.maybe I Will Move Out Of The Nieghborhood.

marko
05-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Dont let customers tell you how to do your job! If you priced to mow, just mow. If they change it, tell them the new price is $??. Gotta be careful mowing for friend/neighbors. Usually does not work out, then you look like a chump.
Here he told you to cut it shorter (mor work for you). The others see it being done, now they want it done. Now you have more work, same pay, and you have to get rid of the grass. I would either make it worth your while, or tell them your done.

jbell113
05-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I mow for 5 of my neighbors andI as well as them couldnt be happier......they are really pleased with my work.

ALarsh
05-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Why don't you use the trimmer by the car? That is what I do.

grass_cuttin_fool
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I would tell them that I cut a certain height and that is it, too much trouble to change height and that they dont have the type of grass you can mow real close. And If I were you and concerned with the car, then just tell them it has to be moved to avoid damage