PDA

View Full Version : Blade grinder & Red Max Equipment

meets1
05-12-2005, 09:35 PM
First off - I purchased a blade grinder this winter from someone on this site. It is a new Orogan. Nice looking and all but I am having trouble making it work - I like the wheel and all but .... I start with the blade - I need to slide it across the wheel, RIGHT? Then it seems like we are cutting into the black metal surface of the grinder. I think it should be longer to accomdate a blade lenght. Also how do you know your pulling this blade through straight?

Also - anyone have a deal on new handheld Red Max Strato blowers. Looking at adding 4 or 5 to our crew. The old one's just needing to much work to keep running. I was quoted here 190.00 for 4 new ones. I think I could do better, let me know if I can.

gogetter
05-13-2005, 12:33 AM
There was one model of blade grinder that is designed kind of poorly because it doesn't accomodate a lot of blades. Not sure of the model number, but it sounds like you have that one.
I'd suggest selling it and getting the next model up.

As far as the Redmax blowers, I'm assuming at $190 each, you must be talking about handheld blowers. Why are you buying "4 or 5" handheld blowers?

TURF DOCTOR
05-13-2005, 08:44 AM
We modify everthing we buy,

meets1
05-15-2005, 11:23 PM
The grinder we purchased I think is model 88-023 Oregon. It is just not what I thought it would be in terms of ease of use.

The reason for handhelds is that i have 4 trucks running with 2 three guys per rig. Basic pickup and trailer set up and on the side of the trailers there is a place for trimmers, gas cans, string line and blowers. These rigs due primarily residential accounts. Along with that we have 3 backpack blowers. It is just time to replace the handhelds.