PDA

View Full Version : recap on my ZTWO

chefdrp
05-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Here is what a ZTWO can do. I wanted to wait till the turf realy greened and thickend up. Looks pretty cool.

aclassic
05-12-2005, 10:54 PM
what is a ZTWO,
Zero Turn W.... O....?

MMLawn
05-12-2005, 10:55 PM
If you are going conmtinue to do Criss-Crosses then you might want to add a stripe kit as the secondary stripes are very faint and don't stand out really.

chefdrp
05-12-2005, 10:57 PM
i just alternat evryothe r week. The Lesco ZTWO has a standard roller on it.LOL

DLCS
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Here is what a ZTWO can do. I wanted to wait till the turf realy greened and thickend up. Looks pretty cool.

Along with just about any other commercial mower.

chefdrp
05-12-2005, 10:59 PM
not everyother that comes STOCK

gogetter
05-12-2005, 10:59 PM
People are too much :rolleyes: The stripes look great Darrin, nice work.

DLCS
05-12-2005, 11:01 PM

I haven't seen not one commercial ztr that doesn't leave some sort of stripe if set up correctly.

MMLawn
05-12-2005, 11:04 PM

Yeah actually they pretty much do at least the commercial ones. Someone said a Deere wouldn't stripe so I posted a pic of one of mine that striped bear bonbes stock with no roller.

1MajorTom
05-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Your work looks real nice. It's apparent you take pride in leaving a nice finished lawn.

oldturf
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Looks great, and shows pride in your work. Is that your yard, if not , how much do you charge for all that extra effort. Even if you are using the wrong mower.

gogetter
05-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Is that your yard, if not , how much do you charge for all that extra effort. Even if you are using the wrong mower.

Why do people think there is "extra effort" involved in striping a lawn??? You just go back and forth, no extra effort.
Also, what do you mean "even if you are using the wrong mower"?.

Envy Lawn Service
05-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Ha!!! This cracks me up!!!!
Some folks need to just stop the hate.... LOL
Hey, if you can't beat'em, join'em.... LOL

Looks great Darrin. I'm guessing you are still happy with your purchase. Seems like it. I wouldn't worry about these guys. You made the smart purchase. You now have something you are happier with than you were with the John Deere. Plus the same power, the same width of cut, better performance, and the same... if not better build quality............ and you were able to save over $2,000 to boot.

I say good for you!

I sure wish I had a Lesco nearby me. I see nothing "cheap" about the build of the mowers and I understand why they cost less. Drawing from past experience, it's needless to say I'd rather have my money in my pocket than in their's.

By the way... I know you've been excited about using this mower. So I though I should mention.... Have you taken time to check out all the adjusments? Primarily have you looked at all your stripping roller adjustment options? Looks like both the roller is adjustable (2 position) and the mounts as well.

Oh... and I wanted to ask... does the deck on yours seem to float OK? I was under the impression it was supposed to float a lot better. But the Cub I looked at didn't. It would float, but it didn't do it easily or well. It seemed like it was binding. I figured the dealer put something together too tight. But I was unable to asess what the culprit was. Any input?

oldturf
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey! No offense, just a little joke. It is a very good job as I stated and obviously a good machine. Apparently a poor attempt at humor on my part.

K&L Landscaping
05-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah actually they pretty much do at least the commercial ones. Someone said a Deere wouldn't stripe so I posted a pic of one of mine that striped bear bonbes stock with no roller.
I agree MMLawn that our JDs stripe OK stock but I would really like a stripe kit for them in the future. Do you know if they will be coming out with one anytime in the near future?

DLCS
05-13-2005, 09:09 PM
I agree MMLawn that our JDs stripe OK stock but I would really like a stripe kit for them in the future. Do you know if they will be coming out with one anytime in the near future?

They have them for the 60" and 72" 7 Iron decks.

proenterprises
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Looks good Darrin, hope it holds up well this season.

DeWitt Lawncare
05-13-2005, 10:21 PM
So far, I'd compare a lot of these guys to the hacks on the golf course that buy $500 drivers just because they cost $500.

I've had all kinds of mowers and not only does Lesco build a quality product (that comes with a stripe kit STOCK!!), but they sell it at 60 - 70% the cost of their competition.

Some of you guys ought to stop and smell the roses...

right after you pull your heads out of your....

Sorry, I just couldn't stop typing! :waving:

just kiddin'...well sort of.

Turf Technologies
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Looks great, almost as nice a job as my Lesco 52WB does.

chefdrp
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Looks great, almost as nice a job as my Lesco 52WB does.

The ZTWO is a Lesco.

I dont own the prop. just mow it. It doesnt take me any "extra time or effort" to do. I just mow in straight lines and alternate patterns so not to get ruts.

kc2006
05-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Darrin, how's the mower doin? Any problems? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? I'm also looking for a "smaller" Z and you can't beat the price of the Lesco's, just wish they had full time mechanics there.

chefdrp
05-19-2005, 11:29 PM
my 54 inch ZTWO was just undr 6Gs. My lesco has full time guys to work on the stuff. I go to Buffalo.

kc2006
05-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Cool. They don't have full time mechanics here, theres a guy there once a week I think only. Can't beat the price. I remember last year I looked at a walkbehind and they called me in July when the new models came out and offered 800 off the original price. I'll have to see if they'll do that again, extra bonus :D