PDA

View Full Version : Best tight area mower?

whiteclifflawn
05-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I am using my scag 52" hydro's now, but this year I got a great contract on some condos. but there are so many and they are so tight they will really give your hands a workout, I am talking ACRES and acres of these things. My tigers are really too big to get on them, I am looking at either a exmark HP 52", wright sentar or stander, or hustler. any input would be great, my and my works hands thank you.

jtkplc
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
What about a smaller sized walk behind, like a 36"? A 52" Wright Stander will go just about anywhere, very manueverable.

Tider6972
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
For tight areas, definately the Wright Stander for it's manueverability.

whiteclifflawn
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I like the way the stander is set up, but how easy is it to hop curbs? I just think you can't really lift the deck, or push the front up like a walk behind. just curious to know the trick.

jhawk71
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
To hop curbs with a stander back the mower up to the curb and put one wheel on the curb. It should climb over the curb if you do it one wheel at a time. Although the mower is fixed deck. I cut at 3-1/4 or 3-1/2 and don't have any problems with scalping.

Jhawk71

whiteclifflawn
05-13-2005, 10:35 PM
thanks, I thought that might be how, just didn't know

impactlandscaping
05-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Demo the Stander...you'll be glad you did. Very maneuverable and agile, and can really get some grass flying. Be sure to get an OCDC working around tight properties in HOAs. Our largest property is almost 4.5 acres, and is no problem with the Standers. Its really the smaller lawn areas you are talking about where they will really shine. 2-5K lots done in mere minutes. Once you get one, you'll want two...then three...lol

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
05-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Get a good 48 or 52" hydro stand on with Bull Rider Sulkie and a good operater.We have a 48"Exmark Hydro Turf Tracer,and one of the best operators I've ever seen use it and I'm not speaking of my self

Itsgottobegreen
05-14-2005, 02:21 AM
52" stander. I jump curds, by leaning back, grabbing the controls real quick. To pull a wheelie. Then just ride up the curb. Takes some practice.

Or I do the back up and get the left rear up, then swing left to get the left caster over. Then get the right rear up and the right caster follows right behind.

The stander is the shortest machine in the industry. So it smokes everything on a small compact property. I do postage stamps to 3 acres without a problem.