PDA

View Full Version : 19HP Kawasaki probs?

lasher66
05-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I have a 19 hp Kawasaki on my 52" Bunton ZTR that is about 4 years old. Most the time, my engine runs perfect. But it seems like when it gets hot outside or when I run my indepedent motor for my vac system a lot, my ZTR motor starts to rev up and down constantly until I let it cool down for a while. If I pull the choke part way out, it doesnt do it as bad. I put a exhaust deflector on the vac system motor so it wasnt being sucked into the air intake of the Kawasaki, but if I am cutting a big lawn it still gets a little warm between both engines going. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lasher

General Grounds
05-13-2005, 09:58 PM
:blob3: sounds like you need to adjust the govenor the motor is "searching" for the proper speed. you do this by moving the govenor spring up or down a hole, i believe on the kawi you need to remove theplate that your choke and throttle are connected to. check it out .

fixer67
05-13-2005, 11:40 PM
The exhaust from the independent motor for the VAC system is not getting sucked into the main engine is it. I seen that happen a Sears that had a power VAC installed.