PDA

View Full Version : Rotating daily schedules bringing in more business

Eddie B
05-13-2005, 10:49 PM
2.5 weeks ago I decided to rotate daily schedules. What I mean by this is lets say you have 4 neighborhoods scheduled in a day. Week 1 you will do neighborhoods in the following order. 1, 2, 3, 4. Week 2 you will do 2, 3, 4, 1. Week 3 you do 3, 4, 1, 2. This way, you'll be doing each neighborhood a different time of the day each week. Many customers and their neighbors don't come home from work until 6-9pm during the week. My motive for creating this schedule is more exposure. I must say it has worked, and I have brought in 6 new customers so far from this exposure alone. What do you guys think about this scheduling? Has anyone else tried this? Throw me some opinions as well.

proenterprises
05-13-2005, 10:53 PM
It makes sense, as long as the neighborhoods are in the same general area, and your not driving out, doubling back, then driving out all over again. You are bound to be seen more though.

Tight Angles
05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
It's good, but a lot of people prefer to be cut on Friday's, or near the end of the week, and if you start cutting them on a different day they freak out. Maybe just rotate the time of day you go into each neighborhood. Are you only in 5 different subs all week?

Eddie B
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
It's good, but a lot of people prefer to be cut on Friday's, or near the end of the week, and if you start cutting them on a different day they freak out. Maybe just rotate the time of day you go into each neighborhood. Are you only in 5 different subs all week?

I think you mis-understood what I said. Everyone still gets cut the same day of the week. Just within a different time-frame of each day.

proenterprises
05-13-2005, 10:59 PM

I dont think he means swithing the day they are cut, just the time of day he does each neighborhood. So, each would still be cut the same day, just not at the same time.
**edit-woops, looks like you beat me by a minute***

gogetter
05-14-2005, 01:35 AM
It certainly makes sense, the "exposure" thing that is.

Last week I picked up 2 new customers and did an estimate for another person who all saw me working at a later time then I usually do. I usually work earlier and get done early. But last week I started later and worked later, so people that never usually see me came out and wanted prices. Picked up 2 out of the 3.

Also, I never usually work Saturdays if I can avoid it, but I think I may do some short Saturdays over the next few weeks for the same reason as above. Hopefully get a couple more lawns out of it (plus I'll get to check out all the weekend warriors with their mowers in their trunks! LOL!).

Todd's lawncare
05-14-2005, 02:14 AM
I bet ya not many people do this and the rest will bash it and it will be kind scrubie because they didn't think of it . But i think its grate i do it not for any reason just as i might have a clean out Tuesday morning and that is when Joe shi* the rag man gets cut and he gets a cut at 4:30 rush hour on main street and not 10:30 all the old people are out bitchi** the mowers to loud !! works grate but some people say i have never seen you be for are you any good ? Well i cut the yard two houses down for the past year and a half what do you think ? Really i never seen you .

Texas Mowem
05-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Thats pretty smart, your thinking like a business man and not a lawn boy keep it up.

kc2006
05-14-2005, 09:56 AM
That is a very good idea, I would have never thought of that. Theory is there and you have proof to back it up, I'm going to have to try it out.

JFGLN
05-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Sometimes we flip the days schedule, start at the end of the route and work the other way back.

Mueller Landscape Inc
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Brilliant!

Eddie B
05-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Another new customer just gave me the go on an estimate, they saw me out around 6:30pm Friday cutting the neighbor's lawn. I'm tellin ya it works!

Runner
05-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Actually, in my opinion, it make perfect sense. Also, as mentioned earlier, working a few saturdays will not hurt at all, either. We are getting ready to go into "change over" season, so the exposure would be good.

Wil22
05-16-2005, 12:55 PM
This morning after finishing one lawn I drove a few blocks into a small sub-division looking for new clients. I seen a woman getting in her car, I waved and she waved. Then I drove very slowly around the corner. She followed me and asked when could I mow her lawn. I gave her a flyer and she asked how much. I said let's go take a look.

After I gave her a price she said that's good. I said I'll do it each week, she said that would be fine. She said give me a contract and I'll go ahead and pay you for the rest of the month. Then she said she want me to do some landscaping. She handed me a card and said call me when your done.

The card said she was the general manager of Hampton Inn.

Last year when I approached people I introduced myself and said I'll mow your lawn every 2 weeks and everything was on a hand shake.

Now after studying Lawnsite, I want everyone on contract with weekly visits.

I also like rotating the time of day to each neighborhood.

When you do find them reach for the contract and ask them to sign on the dotted line.