PDA

View Full Version : edging BLACKTOP drives.

chefdrp
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
In my erea hardly noone edges. I mean noone. We have alot of blacktop drives and not alot of sidewalks. I got a stick edger to set myself from the rest. Does anyone have pics of some drives that have edges on blaktop and how do you get it. Ours are kinda sloped "if you will". Please post if you have any

Premo Services
05-14-2005, 01:13 AM
I don't have any pics but on the drives like you are talking about, I go the opposite and have the trimmer cutting down and cut a angle to it with my string trimmer. No edger will work for these, and they look nice when finished.

gogetter
05-14-2005, 01:19 AM
I'm with Premo, I don't use the stick edger on blacktop because they don't usually have a clean, straight edge to them. I just string trim at an angle to make it look as neat as possible, but it's not a true cut in edge.

mtdman
05-14-2005, 01:23 AM
The problem with black top is it isn't poured to form like a sidewalk, hence no straight edges. I don't edge blacktop with an edger, I use the trimmer.

Itsgottobegreen
05-14-2005, 02:14 AM
The problem with black top is it isn't poured to form like a sidewalk, hence no straight edges. I don't edge blacktop with an edger, I use the trimmer.
Exactly. :)

grass_cuttin_fool
05-14-2005, 04:24 AM
Im with the rest, string trim it back and if the black top is very uneven, I try to create a semi straight line

jim dailey
05-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Im with the rest, string trim it back and if the black top is very uneven, I try to create a semi straight line

Exactly...sort of try and make a straight line with the string trimmer. I have the edger for the granite curbings, but, string trimmer for the asphalt.