PDA

View Full Version : what's the best weed killer

fyrewalker31
05-14-2005, 09:08 AM
My business has been using an herbicide called Eraser this stuff does'nt kill it just stunts the growth. Whats the most potent weed killer? also what can I use to kill a patch of Ivy thats about 4' by 20'.

WhohasHelios?
05-17-2005, 07:30 PM
My business has been using an herbicide called Eraser this stuff does'nt kill it just stunts the growth. Whats the most potent weed killer? also what can I use to kill a patch of Ivy thats about 4' by 20'.

ELBOW GREASE AND AN OSCILLATING HOE... :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: You are in the wrong forum...

Cimarron Landscape
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
chill out WhohasHelios. Go easy on him...he could be confused on the forum to post this in, or he may be asking for an organic herbicide.
There are 3 (that I know of)
1. Vinegar. This is a non-selective herbicide, get the most concentrated you can...even then it's not real great, doesn't get the roots.
2. solarization...I know, I know, it's not an herbicide. but hey, it works. Just takes time.
3. As mentioned, elbow grease. Callouses anyone?
C'mon guys, chime in!
~Brian

Cimarron Landscape
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
oh, most potent. Well, for non-organic try round up. ;)
if you do that, GET OUT OF HERE!!!! :waving: :p :)
~Brian

Grandview
05-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I heard Surge is good.

WhohasHelios?
05-19-2005, 12:06 AM
:D oh, most potent. Well, for non-organic try round up. ;)
if you do that, GET OUT OF HERE!!!! :waving: :p :)
~Brian

lol...

BRANDMEL
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
A company called Greener Pastures has a patent on the first ever organic selective herbicide for turf! neat stuff. www.greenerpastures.net A company in Colorado called Organolawn also uses it www.organolawn.com Give them a call they can help you.

WhohasHelios?
05-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks Brandmel, that greenerpastures site is a useful link. I have contacted them to learn more about this selective herbicide.

Cheers,

-Reuben

nocutting
05-21-2005, 11:52 AM
A big sheet of black plastic, w/ ground staples. :)

green_mark
05-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Check out a new product called The Green Guardian at
www.farmcropextracts.com for selective weed control of Ivy, Dandy's.

BRANDMEL
05-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Green-Mark. The biological products listed in the link you posted are very similar to the greener pastures product line. (Bladerunner,Liquid compost,skeeter beeter etc.) Do you know is it the same company or is it a buyer/supplier relationship?