PDA

View Full Version : "Will my chia pet grow?"

lawnyogi
05-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Not too many people (outside the landscaping profession) can appreciate this call I just got...

I just got a call, (apparently from my yellow page advert),from an older woman, who has a chia pet, who got the chia-pet from another older woman, who had it for years and... yada, yada, yada... explaining all this to me to ask "will my seeds for my chia pet grow?"

:confused:

out4now
05-14-2005, 01:03 PM
LMAO You should have sold her a fert. treatment program. :p

sheshovel
05-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, what did you tell her???

lawnyogi
05-14-2005, 03:51 PM
LMAO You should have sold her a fert. treatment program. :p

Actually... I got her name and address; introduced myself;then explained to her that the germination rates for seeds goes down with time... although they have found seeds in egyptian tombs and have had success growing them after thousands of years! I then thanked her for her phone call and her business and said to expect her bill for $5 in a couple of days. She complained for a second then I told her if she wanted the answer for free, she should have called the local Master Gardeners program, for which I gave her the number at no charge.

A+ Lawncare
05-14-2005, 04:21 PM
hmm.... just think how lucky we are guys to talk to lawnyogi for free daily.....i'de e-mail u, but i'm afraid to know what your rates are for online conversations..... charging ppl for phone calls, reminds me of when i stay up late at nite there's so many phone sex advertivements durin commercials.... r u sure, u didn't have any dirty conversations w/the old elderly lady? :D haha

mower_babe
05-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I absolutely positively cannot believe that you charged her. omg. That is n-a-s-t-y. When you share a bag of M&Ms w someone, I bet you sort out the colors, so that each party has an equal distribution, so you can get your quarter's worth. That is c-r-a-z-y. I would never in a bazillion trillion years think of charging someone for advice. I bet you charge every little old lady for quotes.That is just dirty.

Lawnyogi, You may think it is bad business to not charge for the precious morsels that come out of your highly evolved brain. All you are thinking is "Time is money." And that is true, but take this boxed in thinking further. I have actually had thank you notes sent as well as many referrals that turned into weekly accounts, just bc I took the time and spoke w these people. I have spent much, much time doing research for people that did not know where to start. I have spent hours on the phone since we started this business just helping people and understanding the questions that no-one took time to listen. And - every single phone call or face to face may not have brought boku bucks due to word of mouth. BUT no-one will ever compare me to Scrooge and our business is thought of in a good light - it is called public relations. When I leave this earth, I want people to think of me and my family and my crew and my business as "Good, Kind People" not swindlers or shady people or any other derrogative connotation that would evolve from the afore mentioned practice. Puhleaze.

That is just unfreakinbelievable. I really hope you are lying to us. Seriously. To quote- "that @#$% is whack."

green-go
05-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I was thinking about the same thing when I saw that he actually charged them for his 'advice', just not in so many words :dizzy:. To send a bill to somebody for 30 seconds of your time over the phone...... How Pathetic. :rolleyes: I'm sure that 5 bucks you billed her for will be worth it in exchange for being looked upon by her and all her friends that she knows(potential business) as a Scumbag. :)

mower_babe
05-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I was thinking about the same thing when I saw that he actually charged them for his 'advice', just not in so many words :dizzy:.

Oh, Baby trust me I have more words than that for this lawnjoki, I am just exercising some restraint and TRYING to be nice, but you got the point across equally well. :rolleyes:

DLS1
05-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I absolutely positively cannot believe that you charged her. omg. That is n-a-s-t-y. When you share a bag of M&Ms w someone, I bet you sort out the colors, so that each party has an equal distribution, so you can get your quarter's worth. That is c-r-a-z-y. I would never in a bazillion trillion years think of charging someone for advice. I bet you charge every little old lady for quotes.That is just dirty.

Lawnyogi, You may think it is bad business to not charge for the precious morsels that come out of your highly evolved brain. All you are thinking is "Time is money." And that is true, but take this boxed in thinking further. I have actually had thank you notes sent as well as many referrals that turned into weekly accounts, just bc I took the time and spoke w these people. I have spent much, much time doing research for people that did not know where to start. I have spent hours on the phone since we started this business just helping people and understanding the questions that no-one took time to listen. And - every single phone call or face to face may not have brought boku bucks due to word of mouth. BUT no-one will ever compare me to Scrooge and our business is thought of in a good light - it is called public relations. When I leave this earth, I want people to think of me and my family and my crew and my business as "Good, Kind People" not swindlers or shady people or any other derrogative connotation that would evolve from the afore mentioned practice. Puhleaze.

That is just unfreakinbelievable. I really hope you are lying to us. Seriously. To quote- "that @#$% is whack."

I think you were to easy on him. Now really tell him what you think. :D

hosejockey2002
05-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Maybe you all should bill Lawnyogi for all the advice you are giving him....:laugh: I think he's just yanking chains- he coudn't really expect someone to pay him for a phone call. If they don't pay, what's he going to do, put a mechanic's lien on the Chia Pet???? :dizzy:

mower_babe
05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
I think you were to easy on him. Now really tell him what you think. :D

I knew I always liked you.

lawnyogi
05-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Maybe you all should bill Lawnyogi for all the advice you are giving him....:laugh: I think he's just yanking chains- he coudn't really expect someone to pay him for a phone call. If they don't pay, what's he going to do, put a mechanic's lien on the Chia Pet???? :dizzy:

Holy Schmoley!

I thought it was so obvious to everyone... I was trying to pull a bobbygedd... make a little joke... the truth was I DID tell her about ancient seeds... but I forgot to get her address to bill her :D

... calm down mowerbabe no need to get all up tight (or name call) ... just kidding.

I hope some of you thought it was at least a bit humourous.

captken
05-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Holy Schmoley!

I thought it was so obvious to everyone... I was trying to pull a bobbygedd... make a little joke...

I hope some of you thought it was at least a bit humourous.

cyberjunk.

scout_pete
05-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Actually... I got her name and address; introduced myself;then explained to her that the germination rates for seeds goes down with time... although they have found seeds in egyptian tombs and have had success growing them after thousands of years!

THAT...is exactly what I would have said. Billing for such an affirmation is a purely subjective, ethical descision about which I have no priviledge to comment. ;)