PDA

View Full Version : Smart Customer

andersonmowing23
05-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a really nice customer always pays on time never thought she was the cheap pita type customer. Well she approched me 2-3 weeks ago to get rid of her dandelions. I explained to her I can't spread any type of chemicals and she tried everything to get me to. I told her I do sub out alot of that work to sombody else and I will be happy to even set it up for you or I could just give you his card so you can give him a call. I gave her the card thinking she would give him a call. I showed up this last thursday to mow, and their isn't one dandelion in the yard, just a ton of brown spots. She came running out to me before I even got the gate down saying she payed the neghibor boy 15 bucks to get rid of her dandelions. When she asked how he did it he sprayed round up on every single one. Her yard looks like it has the chickenpocks or somthing. What I am getting at is what the hell would you do for this. I told her to call who I sub out any fert. I get. But I was curious if their was anything at all to do for it. I really wanted to ask if the 14 year old kid was certified but I didn't.

Reliable Lawn Care
05-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Wait a couple of weeks, then re-seed and have the neighbor kid keep the lawn watered. LOL I think she will listen to you a little more closer next time.....good luck

grasswhacker
05-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Mow the yard...............................$28.00
Lawn application ..........................$42.00
Customer that does not listen..........Priceless! LOL

sheshovel
05-14-2005, 01:31 PM
LOL ROFL at that one!!!grasswacker!!

Forest
05-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Customer that does not listen..........Priceless! LOL

FOR EVERYTHING ELSE THERE'S MASTERCARD! ROFL :waving:

Runner
05-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I've seen homeowners do the same thing. Pretty funny stuff. What will be REALLY good, is the fact that now Monsanto has "Super Roundup" or whatever it's called that last nearly the whole season. (Has salts - much like Triox). Watch them try to grow grass in THAT once it is sprayed.

crawdad
05-15-2005, 06:05 AM
How about the weed killer that you put on your hose? It leaves drip marks all around the yard. I have a customer that uses that stuff sometimes.
Crawdad

SCAG POWER
05-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Yep that is priceless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the kid next door strikes again. Turn him in to the round up police,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dizzy:

DiscoveryLawn
05-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Wait a couple of weeks, then re-seed and have the neighbor kid keep the lawn watered.
Why wait a couple of weeks? You can seed 24 hours after applying Round-up. Someone (don't remember who) actually did a study seeding an area and then spraying Round-up onto the grass seeds immediately after seeding and it IMPROVED the germination speed.

David