PDA

View Full Version : poop

Toy2
05-14-2005, 01:18 PM
OK, I know this happens alot to you folks, I have a couple of customers that have big dogs, you know where this is going.....they know the days I show up to mow, they attempt to clean up the yards, i still end up having to bag some crap when cutting...its getting to the point where I just want to attach the side discharge and hit these piles of poop.....they are older folks and i know they try to clean up....where's Poop Busters when you need them!!!!...sorry had to vent... :dizzy:

A+ Lawncare
05-14-2005, 01:29 PM
A. Martinez.... looks like you came across the ole dog $$ other known as binkie's shitz... tell mrs. smith you'll be glad to scoop them up for her.. charge anywhere from $5 (single dog, w/moderate conditions) to $8( 2-3 dogs, in an okay shape...) if its really bad, charge $12-15.... its an easy way to make quick $ while ur already there cuttin the grass....

Toy2
05-14-2005, 01:46 PM
I think they pick up what they see, its what they don't see that gets me....plus i don't want it on my stuff...shoes, mowers, etc.....I have thought of mowing around it and see what happens.....spots in the lawn 6" long.... :)

LawnBoy89
05-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem with only 1 account. I just mow right over it and to be honest with you I really didn't smell it for too long. It's a smaller dog though, I hope I don't get any with the bigger dogs.

olderthandirt
05-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Open the chute and point it at there house, car, them if there out and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Dashunde
05-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I watched a guy I used to work with (who never picked it up) hit a big pile with the trimmer. He wacked it all over himself - even into his mouth.
It was the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

mtdman
05-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Charge them for it. If they can't pick it up for you, and you have to deal with it, charge them a cleaning fee for cleaning your equipment.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
05-14-2005, 07:30 PM
My sister got hit twice in one day stepping in POOP. I missed it both occasions. One I pointed out to her to avoid and the other I didn't even see.

hole in one lco
05-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't pick it up but i charge a clean fee of 50.00 for my trouble. Iv have one customer that gets it every week 35.0 for the cut and 50.0 for the clean fee and i use there hose

A+ Lawncare
05-14-2005, 07:54 PM
hole in one lco..... let me get this straight you charge $50 to clean your mowers and another $35 for the cut, total $85 every week just for an poop infested lawn? what size yrd are we talkin about anyways :rolleyes:

goodgreen
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I've had enough bad experiences with dog poop that I've added a $10 surcharge for poop in my contract. Crap gets wrapped all around the mower tires and then stinks to high heaven when I take it to storage. Sick of it. Makes me realize why I like cats.

Toy2
05-14-2005, 08:13 PM
If it were small dogs it would be okay, tootsie roll type, no issue......it's the big breed of dogs that's killing me.....I started taking plastic bags, grab it and toss in homeowners trash can, last yard I used 4 bags.....I'm glad I'm not the one opening up that trash can.....figured it was a good hint!!!! :dizzy:

lqmustang
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
My lines get a little crooked if there is too much doo doo.

out4now
05-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Like one said , charge for it. If they are a PITA they will go to the next guy but so what. I have seen a crew out here that mows a condo complex with a dog run area. This is what they generally do. Lowest guy on totem pole ends up mowing it with an old pair of sneakers and a Murray mower.( I found this out one day walking down to the convience store, because the guy was taking off his boots. I thought maybe they were hurting his feet and was more interested in the brand of boot). No doo in the truck and if any got on that mower it was in the trailer.

whiteclifflawn
05-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Man I had a doctor one time, she had this old as the hills basset hound in her little back yard, and MAN, I am talking donkey turds, they would make my mower spin, and well you get the picture. finaly she moved to bigger house, thank god.

LawnMower
05-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I watched a guy I used to work with (who never picked it up) hit a big pile with the trimmer. He wacked it all over himself - even into his mouth.

that happend just the other day to my helper. He got a mouth full of dog mess. Plus it got all over his clothes. I was wondering where he was at? Then I went around the back of the house and there he was. The weed whacker was sitting there running, and he was spitting and taking off his clothes.

He went home, changed, brushed his teeth, and we were back at it. Judging from the taste, he thinks the dog eats Chuck Wagon.

grasswhacker
05-14-2005, 10:11 PM
that happend just the other day to my helper. He got a mouth full of dog mess. Plus it got all over his clothes. I was wondering where he was at? Then I went around the back of the house and there he was. The weed whacker was sitting there running, and he was spitting and taking off his clothes.

He went home, changed, brushed his teeth, and we were back at it. Judging from the taste, he thinks the dog eats Chuck Wagon.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW! Too much information!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

LawnMower
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW! Too much information!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

I know, TMI. Im sorry, but I bet someone will find it funny though.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't pick it up but i charge a clean fee of 50.00 for my trouble. Iv have one customer that gets it every week 35.0 for the cut and 50.0 for the clean fee and i use there hose

You betcha you do. :laugh:

crawdad
05-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I've had enough bad experiences with dog poop that I've added a $10 surcharge for poop in my contract. Crap gets wrapped all around the mower tires and then stinks to high heaven when I take it to storage. Sick of it. Makes me realize why I like cats.
Evidently, you've never found a cat's buried treasures in your garden. Or worse, you save your cat-turds in a box inside the house(nasty).

Remsen1
05-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I saw on TV a business that sends dog poop in the mail for pranks. She heat seals it in plastic package. When a customer contacts her they give her a name and address of where they want it sent (usually to mean bosses, ex-boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands). Package usually includes a card with a message from the prankster. She has two labs, they supply the poop. I think she sells it for like $10 per pile.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I saw on TV a business that sends dog poop in the mail for pranks. She heat seals it in plastic package. When a customer contacts her they give her a name and address of where they want it sent (usually to mean bosses, ex-boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands). Package usually includes a card with a message from the prankster. She has two labs, they supply the poop. I think she sells it for like $10 per pile.

Isn't it a crime to send human biological waste through the mail?

hole in one lco
05-14-2005, 11:43 PM
hole in one lco..... let me get this straight you charge $50 to clean your mowers and another $35 for the cut, total $85 every week just for an poop infested lawn? what size yrd are we talkin about anyways :rolleyes:
here is the front

hole in one lco
05-14-2005, 11:45 PM
and the back total 14,000. sq feet

Todd's lawncare
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Cats dont **** in the yard????? or the kids sand box must not have any out side cats i dont the guy next door has one and there like 6 ones that come around every now and again

yourdogs business
06-08-2005, 10:31 PM
OK, I know this happens alot to you folks, I have a couple of customers that have big dogs, you know where this is going.....they know the days I show up to mow, they attempt to clean up the yards, i still end up having to bag some crap when cutting...its getting to the point where I just want to attach the side discharge and hit these piles of poop.....they are older folks and i know they try to clean up....where's Poop Busters when you need them!!!!...sorry had to vent... :dizzy:
We are in the Poop pickup business in RI, if your anywhere near us we would love to take the account.! yourdogsbusiness.com

yourdogs business
06-08-2005, 10:36 PM

John, Thats hilarious And ya wonder why our company exists! any problem customers pass along to me!
Im in Smithfield! I try to accomodate my dogpile cleanups before landscapers arrive, thus making it a better experience for the lawn care pro.

LawnMower
06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
You only need to lay into a pile of dog mess ones with the weed whacker. All of the sudden you have a very well trained eye for anything that even remotely looks like mess

Tharrell
06-17-2005, 09:47 PM
ha ha ha...Here's a thread that won't make it to Turf Magazine!

lawnandplow42
06-17-2005, 09:56 PM

you think thats bad?? A guy i know had to black guys workin with him, and one of them crapped next to a building where noone can see, and continues off working. Next thing you know, my friend comes around the corner and WHACK, splatters the crap all over himself and his face. He was sooo mad he chased the guy with the trimmer. :dizzy: :dizzy:

liquidforcedude7
06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
One time I stepped in it and and I cleaned it off with a hard-bristled brush and big rubber gloves. When i was finighed I was going to wipe the crap off the brush I held it in one hand and brushed away from me with the other. Well since the bristles came back into their upright position it flicked the crap all over my face and into my mouth. I ran to the tolite (sp) and then threw up it was soo nasty and smelled soo bad.

txlawnking
06-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Judging from the taste, he thinks the dog eats Chuck Wagon.

Admitedly, that^^^^ is freaking hilarious.. But only because it's happened to me...

However, the company I'm currently working for services a Hospital downtown. The bums just take a dump wherever they please it seems, and puke too... :angry: :dizzy: :gunsfirin ... fortunately, I've been able to avoid their Mierda, but the fear of a Bum S@#T fogdown still lurks in my mind..

A+ Lawncare
06-17-2005, 10:21 PM
liquid....

i guess when you go and say man this taste like sh*t your probably rite since you truely know the taste of sh*t

LawnMower
06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
a lot of guys in this business wont admit to that. But we all of war story's. Tell them, what the heck.

SoloMow
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM

Mulch it!!!! :drinkup:

heavenlydeere
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
i mow this tiny yard for a friend of mine ,it has an inground pool and really nice land scape, that is until his new girlfriend insisted that her two big dogs come with her , yep ,they live in the back yard, crap every where, and i mean every where ,and you know what ,the other day iwas cutting a different lawn, no dogs at all, splat , my trimmer kicks up ,not a turd but more like a pile or patty, and in one instant iam shot with shiz, thank God it didnt get in my mouth it did get my face though , new meaning of shiz faced !

REENO
06-27-2005, 12:52 PM
what does your contract look like

Dashunde
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I just found this thread again while looking for some old post... I got such a laugh over it (again), especially post #30, I felt compelled to bring it back to the top. :)