PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to mulch and bag?

NEUSWEDE
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I have an Exmark TTHP 48" and was curious can I run mulch blades even if I side discharge or bag to reduce the amount I bag and to not spit out as much when discharging? Does that make sense? Should I double up blades or go with these gator blades I see people rave about on here?
thanks

QualityLawnCare4u
05-15-2005, 12:00 AM
I use gator blades when bagging with the accelerator and it works much better than the lifts or any other blade Ive used. On one yard went from 5 emptyings to 2 going from high lifts to gators.

kc2006
05-15-2005, 12:03 AM
I use gators for side discharging and the debris is real fine chopped and the deck stays very clean. Its an older bobcat (96) so the deck design isn't top of the line but I only have to clean the deck out every 2 or 3 weeks. I'm normally picky about that but this year i just don't need to, theres alittle bit of grass that gets around the spindle but its maybe 1/4" thick only, not like it used to be with high lift blades, the deck would get packed about 2" thick in 3-5 days.

I say go gators

Itsgottobegreen
05-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Double gators and baggers are awesome. Grassgobblers pack about twice as much grass if they have been cut with double gators.

Roger
05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
My experience is that standard Gators don't have enough discharge force to bag into my GrassGobbler. I'm using a 36" Exmark, fixed deck. Hi-lift Gators, however, will bag just as well as the standrd-lift notched airfoil blades. The difference between standard and hi-lift Gator blades is barely noticable when sitting side by side, but the inside tooth has a sharper angle for lift. The small change is enough to bag/no bag.