PDA

View Full Version : Jungle jack and blowout baffles?

Soupy
05-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Will the Jungle jack work on mowers with blowout baffles installed? I'm thinking about ordering one for using out in the field but I have a blowout baffle installed on the Hustler Z.

Runner
05-15-2005, 02:09 PM
That is a great question, and something I have never really put alot of thought into (imagine that :rolleyes:). How thick is the stell for the baffle, or is it like a nylon type material? If so, does it bend (flexible), or is it rather brittle? Can it bend in just a bit as opposed to bend out and be pinched between the jack hook and the edge of the deck? Are you able to just grab the corner of the deck with the hook, and have the jack to the side, - sort of diagonally? This is how I lift the Lazer, anyway. This way the jack is well out of the way.

Soupy
05-15-2005, 05:54 PM
The Blowout baffle is pretty strong. I use a floor jack with no problems. My concern is the Jungle Jack having room to hook under the deck. Here is a picture (bad picture, but only one I have for now) of part of the blowout baffle. I had my mulch kit on at the time of this picture so it looks cluttered.

Eddie B
05-15-2005, 06:36 PM
can't the jungle jack hook under the left side of the deck towards the front?

John Gamba
05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
The jungle jack does pick up on the corners. If you had it in the middle it would get in the way.
John

Runner
05-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Geez oh Pete, John,..where have YOU been?

Soupy
05-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I guess I will keep doing what I have been... Floor jack in the shop, and trailer gate out in the filed.

Itsgottobegreen
05-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Jungle jack makes a long hook for toros mowers. Which have a wide front edge on the deck. So I bet that would work on your hustler.

jpp
05-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I am not familiar with the hustler, but, if you have any type of gap on the front part of the deck like a center point of the deck you should be able to grab on that.I just did a quick search on the web and from the pictures I was looking at it seems like you could hook right in the middle of the deck in the front. I am probably wrong, might have been looking at the wrong hustler mower.

John Gamba
05-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Geez oh Pete, John,..where have YOU been?

Hay Joe!
Ive been back since the end of winter. In December of 04 my heart told me to exercise and eat correctly :rolleyes: .

John

Runner
05-16-2005, 08:12 AM
That's kinda wild...I haven't really seen you a whole lot, lately. Maybe it just an "off camber" of timing in posting between us. Anyway, it's good to see you, again.

John Gamba
05-16-2005, 08:47 AM
. Anyway, it's good to see you, again.

Same Here :waving:

We should do lunch, We can have skinless chicken breast over a salad with a diet coke Yum, Yum. :cry:

John