PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a striping kit.

wormburner
05-15-2005, 09:44 AM
I have a 52" Exmark and I'm looking for a stripe kit do I have to get one from Exmark or is there another place to get one from?

Old Guy
05-15-2005, 12:09 PM
www.bigleaguelawns.com

Stripe This
05-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Check ebay....there's a guy that always has them up for sale. Bought mine there a couple years back. Best $180 I've spent.

nobagger
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
I have a 52" Exmark and I'm looking for a stripe kit do I have to get one from Exmark or is there another place to get one from?
wormburner, I was looking to get one myself until I saw a post in here about home made stripe kits, I have a 36" Metro HP and I used 1x1 angle iron (you can buy them with holes pre drilled every inch) and its 22" long I put quick links on the angle iron to attatch 22 14" sections of chain. The strips come out great I was very impressed how chain could make so destinct lines, but then again all its doing is laying the grass down in the direction you are mowing. THE ONLY THING ABOUT CHAINS ARE... backing the mower off of the trailer (if you have expanded metal ramp gate) you have to lift the chain up so it doesn't drag on the gate and fall into the holes causing a big PITA! :waving:

lpwhandyman
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
ok that shoots my idea of a chain stripe kit. Anybody else?

lpwhandyman
06-02-2005, 09:39 PM
What's the ebay link? I've tried the search button and I'm coming up short. Any help?

rick2752
06-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Check out York Sheetmetal they have them for the lasers for under 200 including shipping. They also have greasable bearings which is the only set I have seen. I am having some problems but not really their fault. Took about 3 weeks to get it(their fault) then when I did get it UPS had damaged box and the bearings are missing. Called them and they said they would resend. I will give them a few more days before saying anything bad. The roller I have looks excellent hopefully I can use it soon. Here is a link

http://www.yorksheet.com/aprod031.htm

Runner
06-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Just make one with chains...it's so cheap, you can't get hurt. Also, they do things that a striping roller doesn't.

HK45Mark23
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Just make one with chains...it's so cheap, you can't get hurt. Also, they do things that a striping roller doesn't.

Please elaborate. What are the advantages of chains over rollers and vice versa?

Stripe This
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
stripe kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4386421621&rd=1)

Envy Lawn Service
06-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Just build your own roller one weekend and save yourself a lot of cash.
I've been on both ends of it. I prefer building my own.

Search for the words McMaster Carr here on lawnsite.

McMaster-Carr is the place you will need to order your roller from. Searching for those words and reading those threads will show you how to build your own. Depending on the length of roller you need and rather or not you have and scrap steel around to make brackets out of.... you can mount one of their rollers to you anti-scalp mounts for about 10% of the cost.

Smithers
06-04-2005, 08:48 AM
runner, no bagger....how do you attach a chain link to the hole in the angle iron? do you use a cariage bolt and bolt the chain on it?

can you send a pic of (zoomed in) the attachment points?