PDA

View Full Version : mulching kit or blade blocker?

Davypfeiff
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I am having a problem with getting grass into customers flower beds. What would be the best choice a mulching kit or a blade blocker? The lawns i mow have alot of flower beds and trees so i would have to have the blade blocker down alot.

Thanks

j fisher
05-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Chute blocker. It can be raised and lowered in a second when needed. The mulching kit has to mechanically installed and removed.

Fareway Lawncare
05-15-2005, 09:04 PM
The Chute Blockers are Basically Useless for any Type of Mulching as They Leave Windrows and Create Blowout....If You have Alot of Open Mowing a Chute Blocker is Fine but If you Want to Mulch in Confined Areas Buy a Mulch Kit....On Our Props There is No Room to Discharge Grass so You Mulch or Bag....The Losers w/Walkers Bag.

Cut 2 Please
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I run full mulch kits on all my mowers and they work fine whether it is on my weekly properties or bi-weekly properties.

Gautreaux's LNG
05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
We used to run mulch kits on our smaller mowers(52" MiniZ or 48" Scag) which were used on smaller properties. On our Super Z we used a chute block because on larger areas we could simply put it down around landscpe beds or cars to keep from throwing clippings or rocks.