PDA

View Full Version : Which Mower Is Best

cmorris
05-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Getting Ready To Buy 61 Inch Zero Turn Tomorrow. Narrowed It Down To Husqvarna Or A Toro. Both 27 Horse. Any Of You Have One Of These You Can Give Me Some Input On?

Sweetwater
05-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Good friend runs nothing but Toros and loves them. Used a Toro 61" demo last week while Wright Stander was in shop and loved it. Exmark-like cut, similar price, comfy, same accessory line as Exmark, and it is RED! If we did not have such great experience with Exmark, I would strongly consider Toro! Same manufacturer anyways...

lawnprosteveo
05-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I have no experience with Husquvarna. But I run all Toro from 21's to a 52" Z... I love them and would buy nothing else.

Metro Lawn
05-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Since you insist on a middle of the road mower, I would take the Toro if I had the choice of only those two.

MO LAWNCARE
05-16-2005, 11:25 AM
get the toro the husqvarna still needs some fixing. like night and day the toro is the 1 to get. i demoed both

Green Pastures
05-16-2005, 11:46 AM
I've never run a Husky but I love the 5 Toro's I own.

BALDEAGLE
05-16-2005, 11:47 AM
really no choice here...husky should stick to what they do best...great saws,
mowers bite.

Pro-Scapes
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
ok. I own a Husq 61 LZ6125 AND I work for a husq dealer part time so I got a great deal on it so please take this to heart.

The 25 kohler is a great engine. Lots of power and runs smooth. The speed on the mower is better than most I have run. Its easy to maintain and has the lowest center of gravity of any 60" I have riden. The traction is superb and the cut on FLAT turf is respectable. BUT..... on rough or rutted yards it just digs and scalps.

Im looking to sell it with only 325 hrs on it so I can get a Toro Z master 48 or 52

The mower is sligtly slower but the quality of the cut is by far better in all situations. The husq deck is a 7/10 deck and the Toro turbo force is all 7gauge and that bullnose on the deck is sure to take some solid hits and walk away with only a scratch. It plain and simple just seems like a better mower if your going to use it every day. If your just going to mow your house and have alot of acres the husq will no doubt hold up.

If your still interested in the full frammed husq I got a 25hp with 325 hrs on it I will let you have for $5400. It has oil and hydro coolers on it and runs like a champ.

Equipguy
05-16-2005, 05:57 PM
We use to run nothing but Toro and had good results with there equipment. If there's a dealer in your area ck out Hustler.

Gautreaux's LNG
05-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Do your self a favor and demo a super Mini Z, Best small framed mower bar none. 52" deck 24 honda, Suspension seat, 15 mph ground speed and great cut. Know a fellow bought 2 Toros before he bought a LCO with two Hustlers. Makes his son ride the Toros now. Won't get on them