PDA

View Full Version : Flower Bed Install.

Remsen1
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
First one ever (for hire). What do you think?

procut
05-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Not bad, definatly an improvment.

sheshovel
05-16-2005, 04:12 PM
First one ever (for hire). What do you think?

Well do you want my honest opinion? or do you want me to say things to make you feel warm and fuzzy?
I will go with my gut. :blob3:
Looks like you just cleaned it a little bit and put down a few bags of mulch and planted a few flowers.Your not quite into landscaping yet. :waving:
I would have definitely done something about the rock thing there--wierd and unnatural looking at best. You should keep the BARK AWAY from the base of those tree's. :D
Sheshovel

lawnandplow42
05-16-2005, 07:10 PM
IMO i think it looks good if the person didn't want an entire renovation, just touched up a bit

good job!

nobagger
05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah tough to say what the customer wanted. I've done a couple this year where they only wanted it touched up here and there. I crindged at the thought of it because obviously when anyone sees it they will ask who did that half-A_sed job? But its money coming in. Annuals are very very cheap maybe it could have used some more to fill up the open spots. But it is a definate improvement. :waving:

Remsen1
05-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, all I did was a little cleaning up. I'm not claiming to be a landscaper yet. Did the best I could with what was there to work with and a small budget.

sheshovel
05-17-2005, 02:31 AM
I would have used the bigger rocks along the front and had them touching each other at least.Even if I had to go buy a few more .Or made the rock edge in the front only if there wasen't enough,the rocks need to be placed like they fit with one another as much as possible and I don't just put a rock on top of the ground.If your gonna use it at all make it look like it should be there or don't use it at all.Don't forget everything you do now reflects on you and helps to build or mess up your reputation,so it involves a bit more effort to make it look right and is well worth it in the long run as far as building a good rep goes.Just trying to help.I can sound worse than I mean. :D

KathysLGC
05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
If the customer had a small budget I would of removed the rocks and just edged a circle around the trees, maybe removed some of the dirt to level of the hump or just leveled the hump then add the mulch with no rocks.