PDA

View Full Version : How about this dealer?!?!

ICE
05-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I have never dealt with Redmax products before, so I check them out online to find my nearest dealer (about 30 miles away from me). I call him up, tell him that I am shoping for a new trimmer and have basically narrowed it down between the Redmax and the Echo. I ask him what is the biggest difference between the two?

His reply was priceless. He said, I don't give a sh1T if I sell one or not! I make $10 on one and could careless if I ever sell one again! :dizzy: That is one Hell of a sales pitch, eh?! I might just have to go with the Echo if my NEAREST Redmax dealer has no motivation! What the hell was that all about anyways?!

I want to try one of these machines out, but I will be damned if I go out there to demo one just to listen to that freakin ****** again!

Where's Bobby when you need him?!!! LOL :p

REM, you reading this?!
Sorry, had to vent!

RKISTNER1
05-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Ha Ha! Talk about customer service.

ICE
05-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh, and by the way, the 2600 was $350. FYI for ya'll

ITL
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Our local dealer currently list them(BCZ2600S Line Trimmer) for $299. Another dealer further away had them available for $285 early this spring. Seems like your unfriendly dealer has bad math skills along with his bad attitude. If you do not need local dealer support consider phone order and ship to your house. I have other Redmax equipment but not a line trimmer. When my main trimmer needs replacement the BCZ2600S is my first choice.

Good luck

Wayne

MP350
05-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Had the same experience with the Redmax dealer here in Florida. I was looking to try one of their weed eaters put after getting off the phone with that dealer I drove straight over to the sthil dealer. Still looking to try one of their products, but right now I am set for equipment.

Runner
05-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Just think, if he's like that about selling them,...imagine how he is about SERVICING them!

ICE
05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Just think, if he's like that about selling them,...imagine how he is about SERVICING them!
Ya know, I asked him about service, and he says "I only service what I sell". That got me to thinking that he must have his hands full servicing those two pieces of equipment all week long. The guy was a total jerk about the whole thing and I called a Redmax dealer about 60 miles away, asked him the same questions and he actually made a pitch towards me. But, 120 mile round trip? I don't know if it is worth it or not.
I am a little disappointed, to say the least. But, hey what are ya going to do? I have been looking around online for one, but I would really like demo one before I just bought one anyways.

ed2hess
05-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Does this tell us something about Redmax company? Hope they got a good on-line parts source!

ICE
05-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Does this tell us something about Redmax company? Hope they got a good on-line parts source!
Don't get me wrong here either. I am not bashing Redmax the company. Just this one particular dealer. IMO he is a joke, and should not be dealing the product that he self declares does not care about. I spoke with another dealer twice as far away, and they seem to be knowledgeable and helpful, but I just don't know if it is worth it or not to travel the distance to find it out. I just want the next trimmer to last a while longer than this one. And reading all the posts here about the Redmaxes, I have to believe that they would be the way to go. However, just because it is good for 90% of the quys, does not make it right for everyone. To each his own. I just whish that I could find a dealer that dealt both Echo and Redmax so that I would be able to try them out, side by side and get a good feel for each one indvidually.