PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z LC Issues

ztoro
05-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I have a 2004 Lazer Z Liquid cooled and at the end of last week ran into issues.....

When the mower runs without the blades on i have no issues, but when blades are on and under load it will sputter and shutdown if I dont shut the blades off... This seems to happen after the mower has run a little while...

My shop has spent 2 hrs on it and havent found anything yet. They said they think they have it narrowed to the carb/jets.... They think they could be clogged or defective...

They said if they have dirt in them or water that I will be responsible for the 5 hr service bill.... The manager did say that the fuel filter was clean so I am not sure how dirt could have gotten thru to the carb...

I have 2 other mowers and trimmers and blowers that all use the same gas and have not had any issues....

This Z only has 36 hrs on it(leftover), and I am going to be pissed if they hit me up with a 300 dollar bill.....

Anybody have any ideas or similar issues?

KathysLGC
05-16-2005, 03:16 PM
It doesn't sound like a water/dirt issue. It could be a faulty safety switch, loose ground.... These things are being made with more and more switches now adays.

ztoro
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
I should hear back from them later today.. they did say they eliminated most everything but inside the carb. According to them all the swicthes are fine the fuel flow is fine to the carb... they seemed to belive that the problem was within the carb?

KathysLGC
05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I wonder if there is a relay on the mower that could be causing the problem. Does it only do it when the mower is warmed up or does it do it any time the blades are on? Would it do it if you put a different load on the mower like going up a long hill with blades off or pulling something? Did you change the oil recently?
Some one here had an issue with a lazer and Kawasaki engine. The engine wouldn't start and he thought it was seized. It ended up being the clutch. It could be you clutch bearing slowly locking up while the blades are engaged. Might not be a bad idea to just have them look at it.

ztoro
05-17-2005, 09:28 AM
it all started while I was going up hills....... When they call today I will give them th eclutch idea.... It will only happen when the blades are on... I can go up the same hill without the blades and its no problem... I would think when the hydros are fully working that would create a load on the engine as well and it is not causing it to stall... They other thing is that it is kind of speratic... it doesnt do it it right away. It may mow for 10 minute with no problems then all of sudden it happens...

ztoro
05-17-2005, 12:38 PM
OK I heard from them.

There was some sort of debris in the Carb. However they told me yesterday that the Fuel filter was clean and the air filter clean. So I am curious as to how dirt could just appear unless it was already in the machine when purchased.. The service tech eluded to t he fact(but didnt say it) that it could have been some cut hose or possibly something left over from the build on of the machine...

I still need to wait to find out if warranty will cover it.....

The machine only has 36 hrs on it...

KathysLGC
05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
If it was me...... Warranty would have to cover it. That is not anything you could of done. At 36 hours nothing carb related would even have to be touched!

ztoro
05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
It gets even better... The service manager is out of the office today... SO my machine is completed and sitting in the yard because I cant pick it up.... Non e of the other dumba$$'s are able to take care of it...

You would think after spending 8600 on a machine they would have the courtesy to say" come pick it and we can deal with the paper work tomorrow."......

KathysLGC
05-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Aw man.... I guess things like this could happen but it goes to show you what customer expect from us as well.

Customer service.

Your dealer should of never told you the problem might be carb related and you might have to pay for it because that was upsetting to you. If you needed an update they should of said they are still working on a few possible possibilities and they'll let you know when they either find out what the exact problem is or when it's fixed depending if it was an easy fix. This way you wouldn't of had the ideas of this being a warranty issue. Dealers aren't dumb. They know with 36 hours there really isn't anything you could of done accidentally to get dirt in the carb...