PDA

View Full Version : Schelduled Maintenance

ClippersLC
05-16-2005, 02:19 PM
I went to my doctor today and before I left I made sure I gave him one of my business cards, and just as I started to walk out the door he stopped me and told me that he is fixing to have the entire landscape reworked and he asked me after it was all done if i would if I would be interested in quote "keeping his office grounds in Pristine condition." He said he wants me to come by once a week and weed to flower beds and stir the mulch a bit to keep it looking its best. He said the lousy drunks that he used to hire took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to do it and they done a decent job but they were unreliable. then mow the few strips of grass between the sidewalk and road, and a 5 foot x 80 foot strip on the backside of the building at will, which he said usually needed to be done once every two weeks. then every month and a half he wants me to trim all of the shrubery and stuff. Any ideas on how to price this would be extremely appreciated, I'm big into mowing lawns and doing basic trimming of shrubs around home, not commercial buildings. My figures , I was thinking 50 bucks a weeks to weed and mow 2 1/2 hours time at the most. and $125-$150 for the trimming every month and a half... does tha sound to cheap or what? oh and he also wants me to bill him montly, Thank you in advance for any info. payup :help: payup

pjslawncare/landscap
05-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I dont know your market area and the $$ you get there, but it sure sounds a bit cheap to me for 2.5 hours work on pristine property. We charge at $35 per man hour so I would probably charge about $87.50 per visit.
Good luck

crawdad
05-16-2005, 09:41 PM
That's twenty bucks an hour! He's gonna tell you he doesn't pay his nurses that much.

ClippersLC
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
What do you guys think about me just signing a contract with him for x amount of dollars monthly and I'll just do everything that need be done? I was thinking along the lines of $300, I mean i would spend at the most 12 hours there each month ! give or take an hour maybe two on occasion! thanks for the feedback guys, it really helps. payup :waving: