PDA

View Full Version : People are Cheap!!!!!!

nobagger
05-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow are people just getting cheaper and weirder all at the same time?
I gave 4 estimates today for lawn care and the one lady I have already been to last year. She said her "guy" that does it forgot to spread the store bought fertelizer she bought for him to do it with. He's a lowballer to the tee! charges $15.00 for a lawn that is all of 3/4 of an acre. Long story short she expected me to do that for free, lay down mulch for free, (oh but she would buy some mulch), and mow for less than or at least keep that price.
Customer #2 8 decent sized flower beds haven't been weeded in over a year or edged, leaves blown under all plants and shrubs. I told her it would take 4 guys probably at least 6-7 hrs and gave her a price, and her eyes were the size of quarters and said why so much? I then explained to her AGAIN why it the price was what it was. I am really begining to think this is the only industry where people seriously think we work for peanuts.
Customer #3 and #4 were well you guessed it about the same.
Customer #4 wanted mulch delivered and just dumped into flowerbeds around the entire house I told her she is only saving abou6-7 dollars per yard by not having us spread it. She said thats ok whats the price? I am $45.00/ yard of mulch spread and thats cheap! Of course she flipped out about the 240.00 price. What the heck do people think?

Blades of Steel
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
You know we see it every day and it never amazes me the **** people come up with. Since I have been doing this I have weeded out the fruit cakes and kept the serious customers and canned the balance.

Your right though they come up with the most rediculous crap I have ever heard. I laugh a little and walk off. I am down to clients on a twelve month contract or no work. This way everything is outlined and there is no disussion as to extra work. If it isn't on the contract it is extra period.....

Tim

DFW Area Landscaper
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
How much time did you spend on those four estimates that produced nothing?

What is your profit potential on those non-recurring jobs (bed clean-up and mulch) if you land them (after you pay an employee to do the labor)?

I have had real good luck getting clients to e-mail pictures of their landscape when they call for a free estimate for a clean up or shrub trimming. That way, if they are a cheap-o, like the ones you came across today, I don't waste any time or fuel on them. I haven't done a free on-sight estimate in over a month.

With non-recurring work, even if you land them all at the prices you want, I still don't think you can justify the free on-sight estimate.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

grasswhacker
05-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I gave 4 estimates today for lawn care and the one lady I have already been to last year. She said her "guy" that does it forgot to spread the store bought fertelizer she bought for him to do it with. He's a lowballer to the tee! charges $15.00 for a lawn that is all of 3/4 of an acre. Long story short she expected me to do that for free, lay down mulch for free, (oh but she would buy some mulch), and mow for less than or at least keep that price.
Customer #2 8 decent sized flower beds haven't been weeded in over a year or edged, leaves blown under all plants and shrubs. I told her it would take 4 guys probably at least 6-7 hrs and gave her a price, and her eyes were the size of quarters and said why so much? I then explained to her AGAIN why it the price was what it was. I am really begining to think this is the only industry where people seriously think we work for peanuts.
Customer #3 and #4 were well you guessed it about the same.
Customer #4 wanted mulch delivered and just dumped into flowerbeds around the entire house I told her she is only saving abou6-7 dollars per yard by not having us spread it. She said thats ok whats the price? I am $45.00/ yard of mulch spread and thats cheap! Of course she flipped out about the 240.00 price. What the heck do people think?

Aren't you the one who started the thread "Lowest price guaranteed"?
So why don't you fulfill your promise? :waving:

grassmanvt
05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Aren't you the one who started the thread "Lowest price guaranteed"?
So why don't you fulfill your promise? :waving:

Good call whacker, forgot about that, so whats the deal nobagger? Not bustin your chops but, lowest price is lowest price.

crawdad
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Now, you're the second cheapest guy in town. So much for the "Lowest price gaurantee working..."

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago, Lowest price gaurantee. I had mostly negative responses but it's working for me ............. And no I'm not lowballing I'm beating competition by a buck or two or three.........

Hey, bid the lawn three bucks less than the other guy, I bet you'll get it.

grasswhacker
05-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Now, you're the second cheapest guy in town. So much for the "Lowest price gaurantee working..."

Hey, bid the lawn three bucks less than the other guy, I bet you'll get it.

I see "crow" in nobaggers future menu. :D

grassmanvt
05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I can invision a new thread coming, "lowest price guarantee not working anymore" I don't wish you any harm nobagger but you've gotta admit we tried to tell you, that tactic invites the cheapest of the cheap.

lawnman_scott
05-16-2005, 09:51 PM
why did he come up with the cheapest price thing?

crawdad
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Because it works for wal-mart.

grassmanvt
05-16-2005, 09:56 PM
why did he come up with the cheapest price thing?

To drum up some buisness. He had some valid points with the idea but very tough to compete on price only in a service/qaulity oriented industry.

topsites
05-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Some folk may not enjoy giving free estimates but I drive my personal car to:
a) conserve fuel.
b) not be tempted into doing it 'right now' (for less).
c) and, absolutely NOTHING beats showing up in a bmw, that right there helps cut the BS right away by at least 20 percent, sometimes the answer is no before I even get out the car, LOL ! At the same rate, for those who can act normal because they either realize I am serious or figure a bmw is just another car anyhow, the price is no higher than if I showed up in a dodge (for example).

By the way, the estimate is not free. Although I don't charge money, I fully expect a YES or a NO at the time of the estimate, for that is my 'price.' I don't care what the answer is so long I get a YES or a NO. I am not scared of a NO, what I don't care for is heaving and ho-ing and back-and-forth and blablabla for hours on end, FTS, I got a LOT of work: YES or NO, now and thank you.
Oh, they can't decide? No problem.
If the answer is not a definite YES, then that means the answer is NO. So if they need time to think about it (or whatever BS), that means the answer is NO. Of course I'll consider their job should they actually call later, but the original NO answer means I can fill my schedule up with those who say YES and if by the time they call my schedule is suddenly full, tough luck.
NO is 'default' unless otherwise stated.

Last but not least, I time the estimate. I have a count-down timer on my watch which I set to 20 minutes. Click it when I get out the car.
If the beep-beep of the timer chimes, the estimate is over, answer or not (And if it's not YES, then automatic NO). This eliminates those who think estimates are social calls and besides, if we're nowhere near a conclusion in 20 minutes, we're going nowhere anyhow, so ttyl and have a nice day. Only exception is if we are actually closing / concluding at that point, I look at my watch puzzled like 'huh?' :-)

My all-time favorite is leaves. LOL ! Omg, LOLOL !
What I learned is to go out and give several leaf-cleanup estimates, most of them mainly for amusement because you won't get the job anyhow.
Another way to put it is: Folk who will NOT call you the entire year will call you for leaves. EVERYBODY will call you for leaves!
So price leaves good, price them right, leave them a written estimate for all I care, and see what happens...
The bonus is when I give those prices in the fall, the comedy is nearly absent in the spring. Forget to price leaves because I already know what's coming, and I get it all back in the spring. Hell yeah, give out lots of leaf estimates when things are kinda slow and cut the BS down for when I'm busy.
btw, regular *all-year* grass customers get leaves done for cheap but they HAVE to have been with me all (or most) of the year, I don't take promises for next year.

Also what I like to do is when I can tell they're cheapos before the price slips is to go ahead and add a surcharge (I call it the BS fee), basically price it higher anyway, standard or better. Say the yard should cost 30 for cutting then make it 35, as an example. 240 for mulch? Try going 50/yard, but only if you can see it coming for sure (and yes you can and will make mistakes, but funny thing is once in a blue moon someone says Yes :-)
This serves couple purposes:
1) It cuts the BS right away and they don't haggle (I hate it when they try and haggle a low-ball price, so price it high and that eliminates haggling). It's the fastest way to get a NO.
2) They don't call me no more and hopefully they tell EVERYBODY they know!
*IF* per chance they say yes, please DO give them a 'discount' afterwards to make up for the difference, that really seals the deal.

Yeah, I mean... FTS !
Laters, lol.
Pascal

mbella
05-16-2005, 10:15 PM
What part of PA are you from?

MOW ED
05-17-2005, 08:00 AM
I am really begining to think this is the only industry where people seriously think we work for peanuts.
What the heck do people think?

The problem is that some goofs do work for peanuts so they can have something to eat with their Pabst. Once they tell me that they had a "guy" that did work for them last year my suspicion gets raised and I start questioning. The "guy" usually was a bum that worked for beer money and is now in jail or changed his profession to begging at the stop lights.

You just have to suck it up and move on. I have given hundreds of estimates in the 10 years I have been doing this and many are never returned. The people that value good work are the ones that I want. You can never tell what a person is willing to pay but you still have to give them the price. It is nice when you know that you are getting what you are worth but is sucks when you meet those like you are writing about. Stick with it and don't give in.

sheshovel
05-17-2005, 03:41 PM
You aren't backing up what you promised in your advertizement of low price quarantee,I'd call you unethical.Too bad,tuff luck man.. you not only wouldent listen and take heed to our warning,you were arrogant about it.Now you tell this lady with a few fairly good sized beds that are over grown and needs some mulch,4 guys 6 or 7 hours???That's 36 man hours to weed and mulch a yard?What are you doing pulling the weeds out with your teeth???
You said you would guarantee the lowest price,now all your guaranteeing yourself is a building a bad rep for not coming thru on your promise .You are now in the prosses of screwing up your reputation and once that's gone you can advertize a no price quarantee and nobody will call you.I told you so!!!BLAAAAAHAAAAA

mower_babe
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Ya, know Sheshovel, you should really try to let your emotions out and tell us how you really feel and not hide behind civilities. LMAOLMAOLMAO

I remember reading the OPs thread about lowest price. Teeee-heeeee.NOw that is comedy.

DennisF
05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Nobagger:
Don't let the "low price guarantee" criticism bother you, but do learn from it. Word travels fast in this business, and if you advertise low price guarantees, people will think that you'll work for little or nothing. Don't fall into that trap!

People are cheap! Period. It is human nature to try and pay as little as possible for products and services. Some people carry it to extreme when it comes to lawn and garden work. They have no respect for someone that is willing to perform manual labor, so they have no idea about the value of your work.

It's a shame, but most people look at LCO's as un-educated dumb-asses that don't have any skills other than the ability to cut grass. These are the ones that want you to work your ass off for nothing. Avoid them at all cost, and don't advertise with low price guarantees. Otherwise...they are the only type of customer you will have.

Been there...done that...and never will again.

Todd's lawncare
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
For one i dont think the low price thing was for every thing the guy does and WHO CARES ITS NOT YOU CHECK BOOK IS IT NOW You guys might make some money if you stopped bitching about everything that goes wrong fix it . And then move on some people i tell ya

Todd's lawncare
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
You aren't backing up what you promised in your advertizement of low price quarantee,I'd call you unethical.Too bad,tuff luck man.. you not only wouldent listen and take heed to our warning,you were arrogant about it.Now you tell this lady with a few fairly good sized beds that are over grown and needs some mulch,4 guys 6 or 7 hours???That's 36 man hours to weed and mulch a yard?What are you doing pulling the weeds out with your teeth???
You said you would guarantee the lowest price,now all your guaranteeing yourself is a building a bad rep for not coming thru on your promise .You are now in the prosses of screwing up your reputation and once that's gone you can advertize a no price quarantee and nobody will call you.I told you so!!!BLAAAAAHAAAAA
And how do you know that was the lowest price she got ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

nobagger
05-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Well to clear some confusion. If you can and would have read and maybe retained some of that Lowest price thread information you would have remembered 1) it was for lawn care only. 2) The "other guy" has to be an insured legit company. 3) I have picked up over 10 new customers from this ad that I ran for a whole two weeks and as of today (5/18/05) I have estimates into next week. :waving: 4) I haven't had to beat anyones price yet!!! So spite all you independently wealthy contractors who's customers must come begging for you to cut their grass I would have to say its working out pretty well for me!

nobagger
05-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Sheshovel you didn't tell me sh*@! You obviously didn't read the entire thread or additional posts! IT DOES NOT APPLY TO LANDSCAPING JUST LAWN CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow so many of you don't pay any attention to details I would hate to see how some of your jobs trun out!!!

lawnman_scott
05-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Well to clear some confusion. If you can and would have read and maybe retained some of that Lowest price thread information you would have remembered Thats the problem. I seriously think that many people here lack proper reading and comprehention skills.

nobagger
05-18-2005, 07:02 AM
And sheshovel, well lets see, 8 beds vs. a few, ummmmm to me a few is around 3 or so. There was also about 2 dump loads of leaves, ummmm 2 Hemlock trees to be taken down, ummm cutting new edged around all the beds totals at least 500ft, ummm the beds were actually completely covered in weeds, that included a $65.00 mow, and lets see what else, edging a 300ft driveway and I think thats it. Let me guess, you or your staff could have that done in what a "few" hours right? Great I'll hire you to do my subbing next time!!!! ;) Oh and it was a $1380.00 bid.

BRIMOW525
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
I have not been in many lines of work other than lawn/landscape work. But it seems to me that this is one of the few job fields where the customers always try to set the price. If the plumber comes to my house, he bills me and I pay. I'm not out there at his van asking him to use a cheaper type of pipe or whatever. Sure, maybe some guys are way over priced but there has got to be some kind of middle ground. I forget who posted but I'm to the point if you don't like my price, and you can't decide within 2 days ( now for grass cutting), then I really don't want their business. I had a guy try to beat me out of $500 on a job ( pricing it), He said he only had so much to spend. I said well I can't do it for any less than $xxx. He called the very next morning and said to pick up my down-payment check.

FloridaMowMan
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I totally agree, I had a lady call last week who wanted her yard mowed, about 1/2 acre and she said her last guy did it for $25......a month, and that he came at least twice a month. I said that there is no way that I could do it and would have to charge at least $40 a month for two visits, she acted like she was offended that I acutally stood up for my own business and wouldnt give in to her cheap ways. I kindly explained that gas is $2.20, insurance costs continue to go up, and that I cant work for minimum wage, (even though I am part time). I suggested that she get someone else to do it. :waving:

Texas Mowem
05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I totally agree, I had a lady call last week who wanted her yard mowed, about 1/2 acre I could do it and would have to charge at least $40 a month for two visits, I cant work for minimum wage, (even though I am part time). I suggested that she get someone else to do it. :waving:

$20.00 a mow for 1/2 acre EOW :dizzy:

thats $50 minimum each mow

DennisF
05-18-2005, 06:58 PM
I totally agree, I had a lady call last week who wanted her yard mowed, about 1/2 acre and she said her last guy did it for $25......a month, and that he came at least twice a month. I said that there is no way that I could do it and would have to charge at least $40 a month for two visits, she acted like she was offended that I acutally stood up for my own business and wouldnt give in to her cheap ways. I kindly explained that gas is $2.20, insurance costs continue to go up, and that I cant work for minimum wage, (even though I am part time). I suggested that she get someone else to do it. :waving:

Wow things are worse where you're at than they are here in Citrus County. Florida is going downhill in a hurry.

People are complaining about $28 for 1/2 acre lawns. There is no way I would cut a 1/2 acre lawn for $20.

And to think some guy was doing it for $12.50 a pop....that's insane.

But...there are guys here that are cutting lawns up to 15K SF for $10-$12 per visit. Still can't figure it out. :dizzy:

fromTEXAS!
05-18-2005, 07:25 PM
i had this older lady who hired me out to mow her 3/4 yard and said $50 for a month and wanted it every week. then mentioned and said no its $25 every other week. no way am i going to do that for $50 for each month with weekly cut!!! and by the way she is a foriegner who speaks really little english. isnt it anoying when you can't communicate to people like that?

No Lawncares
05-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I totally agree, half the people here just open their mouths without reading everything. Actually I wonder how some of you can actually get the prices you get with the way you talk.

sheshovel
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
OH REALLY?What about that 1st lady that wanted you to MOW her grass for the $15.00 or less that her last
lawn guy did it for?Forget the mulch,you woulden't do it for $15.00 or less for her would you?
Right there your being unethical and not coming thru.So don't tell me...And as far as knowing for sure what the last guy was really charging?Well that's his problem he's the one advertized Lowest price quaranteed.
I am not talking landscaping here.
I'm talking about mowing and the first lady you posted about in this thread and most likely the others you said went the same as the 1st.And I am talkng about advertizing that your lowest price quarantee is working,then complaining that people want you to work for peanuts.GIMMIE A FRIGGIN BREAK!

sheshovel
05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
OH REALLY?What about that 1st lady that wanted you to MOW her grass for the $15.00 or less that her last
lawn guy did it for?Forget the mulch,you woulden't do it for $15.00 or less for her would you?
Right there your being unethical and not coming thru.So don't tell me...And as far as knowing for sure what the last guy was really charging?Well that's his problem he's the one advertized Lowest price quaranteed.
I'm talking about mowing and the first lady you posted about in this thread and most likely the others you said went the same as the 1st.
And I am talkng about advertizing that your lowest price quarantee is working,then complaining that people want you to work for peanuts.GIMMIE A FRIGGIN BREAK!

nobagger
05-19-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm talking about mowing and the first lady you posted about in this thread and most likely the others you said went the same as the 1st.
And I am talkng about advertizing that your lowest price quarantee is working,then complaining that people want you to work for peanuts.GIMMIE A FRIGGIN BREAK!
WOW! you still don't get it! The "guy" that the 1st lady had was a neighbor who works at a factory during the night. And the other 3 customers were for landscaping so they don't matter. And lets face it any lawn care co. that is legit, insured etc. isn't going to charge $15.00 for anything. So I'm not competing with "Joe Shmo" lawn care. But obviously its pointless to keep hashing this over and over so with that, good luck oh and next time, use the spell check! :D

pagefault
05-19-2005, 09:05 PM
WOW! you still don't get it!

Save your breath. :)

freddyc
05-19-2005, 09:09 PM
I have not been in many lines of work other than lawn/landscape work. But it seems to me that this is one of the few job fields where the customers always try to set the price. If the plumber comes to my house, he bills me and I pay. I'm not out there at his van asking him to use a cheaper type of pipe or whatever. Sure, maybe some guys are way over priced but there has got to be some kind of middle ground. I forget who posted but I'm to the point if you don't like my price, and you can't decide within 2 days ( now for grass cutting), then I really don't want their business. I had a guy try to beat me out of $500 on a job ( pricing it), He said he only had so much to spend. I said well I can't do it for any less than $xxx. He called the very next morning and said to pick up my down-payment check.

Yes, but..... try to find a plumber in a reasonable time. And, most people cant do their own plumbing so they are willing to pay---anyone can mow their lawn. Not to be hard, but people can relate to lawn mowing as most have done it. I do all my own plumbing and would never consider hiring a plumber. But, if I needed one I'd try to get a few estimates for big jobs...after nobady showed up for several weeks I'd pay almost anything to get it done. In lawncare, you're competing with the mindset that the neighbors kid is as good as you....thats just not true with plumbers.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-19-2005, 09:12 PM

Did you even ask her where "her last guy" is? Why would you want to take a job at a price that put "her last guy" out of business? Tell them that as you are getting in your truck to leave. And as far as mowing at those prices, why would you do that? I realize I am in a way different area but my minimum is $25.00 and I am thinking of raising it all by $3.00 per cut. You say you are part time tight now. I am too. But I plan to quit my 3rd shift factory job and do this full time. Now, we have lowballers and scrubs here too. Many of them. My business plan, at least for now, is to advertise, go out and give the bids at the prices I need. My goal is to slowly build my customer base by being honest, hardworking, meticulous quality control (too extreme according to one guy who works for me) and being prompt. Now, I'm 50 years old and I don't have a lot of time but this plan seems to be working for me in my area.
Good luck. I am to the point where the other legit LCO's know I'm not a scrub. Plan. Be full time by March 2006. Even if I get a large infusion of cash, I still stick to that goal. I don't want to compromise my 4 points. I'd rather fail.

grassmanvt
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
WOW! you still don't get it! The "guy" that the 1st lady had was a neighbor who works at a factory during the night. And the other 3 customers were for landscaping so they don't matter. And lets face it any lawn care co. that is legit, insured etc. isn't going to charge $15.00 for anything. So I'm not competing with "Joe Shmo" lawn care. But obviously its pointless to keep hashing this over and over so with that, good luck oh and next time, use the spell check! :D

I think you are the one that still doesn't get it. Don't you realize that by advertising "lowest price" the part-time, extra money for beer guys ARE your competition. I realize this was not your intention and you might have had "fine print" in your contracts to cover that issue but, when you have an ad for lowest price, the people intested are generally the ones that are getting the job done for little or nothing and see your ad and think "hey, I can save even more on my lawn" Also, you say no real company would work for that price but never said you actually made an attempt to find out. Did you?

Todd's lawncare
05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
I think you are the one that still doesn't get it. Don't you realize that by advertising "lowest price" the part-time, extra money for beer guys ARE your competition. I realize this was not your intention and you might have had "fine print" in your contracts to cover that issue but, when you have an ad for lowest price, the people intested are generally the ones that are getting the job done for little or nothing and see your ad and think "hey, I can save even more on my lawn" Also, you say no real company would work for that price but never said you actually made an attempt to find out. Did you?
I don't think you get it .............................................

pagefault
05-19-2005, 10:57 PM

If I go to Best Buy and ask them to match the price I found for an MP3 player on ebay, do you know what they say?

"People on ebay are not our competitors. We don't match those prices."

They wouldn't match the price of the 12 year old kid with a brand new, unopened MP3 player that he got for his birthday and wanted to sell, either.

If nobagger has clearly explained how he identifies competitors, where is all of this noise coming from? You're arguing against ideas that haven't even been presented.

grassmanvt
05-19-2005, 11:19 PM
If I go to Best Buy and ask them to match the price I found for an MP3 player on ebay, do you know what they say?

"People on ebay are not our competitors. We don't match those prices."

They wouldn't match the price of the 12 year old kid with a brand new, unopened MP3 player that he got for his birthday and wanted to sell, either.

If nobagger has clearly explained how he identifies competitors, where is all of this noise coming from? You're arguing against ideas that haven't even been presented.

I'm not arguing and don't even care, just trying to help. If I'm not mistaken, this thread is about the abundance of cheap people nobagger is dealing with and I'm simply trying to point out why. He can work for free for all I care, my schedule is full and I turn away work. I just hate to see people fall victim to letting customers set their price, or even worse, letting the guy who went out of business set his prices.(I think I stole someones qoute, sorry)

pagefault
05-19-2005, 11:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken, this thread is about the abundance of cheap people nobagger is dealing with...

Right. And then a bunch of people jumped on him and basically told him he got what he deserves and cited a bunch of business practices that he doesn't even follow.

mower_babe
05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

IMO- you reap what you sow.

pagefault
05-19-2005, 11:50 PM
Ok.

:rolleyes:

Jeff@SGLC.ca
05-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I've been doing pretty good with estimates lately. Phone call for one, very small yard on an attached house. $25.00 minimum charge I told her on the phone but would have to come out, showed up, yeah small, $25.00 and she says great and asked when I could start. Second lady came up as we were finishing a lawn, asked if I wanted a job, I of course say "that depends on what it is" she says to cut her grass weekly, I look around, $30,00 and I can get the 48" on the whole thing and she says perfect, go ahead with it.

I have another quote tomorrow to do so I'll see if my streak survives.

Todd's lawncare
05-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm not arguing and don't even care, just trying to help. If I'm not mistaken, this thread is about the abundance of cheap people nobagger is dealing with and I'm simply trying to point out why. He can work for free for all I care, my schedule is full and I turn away work. I just hate to see people fall victim to letting customers set their price, or even worse, letting the guy who went out of business set his prices.(I think I stole someones qoute, sorry)
AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT DO WE NEED TO DRAW IT FOR YOU SHUT UP ALREADY

Todd's lawncare
05-20-2005, 12:44 AM
And i have never and will never turn work away . For all the crying about not being busy i will find a way to do it BUT I WILL NEVER TURN IT AWAY and i find it hard to think that you do oh wait you might you gotta find whats wrong with every one else's lco to work for you own . Get real and shut up and for not trying to argue your doing a good job of it .

grassmanvt
05-20-2005, 01:03 AM
AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT DO WE NEED TO DRAW IT FOR YOU SHUT UP ALREADY

This is just a hunch but, I don't think you agree with me. And, your're right, I don't get it, but I am thinking of trying a "highest price guarantee", what do you think?

pagefault
05-20-2005, 01:05 AM
I am thinking of trying a "highest price guarantee", what do you think?

I like it.

Seriously.

It could work, if you did it kind of tongue in cheek.

pagefault
05-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Of course, Todd is just going to yell at you...

grassmanvt
05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Of course, Todd is just going to yell at you...

Yeah, whats up with that, I even said some of the original ideas were good, I just thought it was a hard to make that concept work in a service business. I wasn't dumping on the guy, just trying to give some constructive critisism with a little good natured ribbing.

saw man
05-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Most the people on this site do the same thing! You go to a different dealer to save $10, then you complain that they dont do your repair right away. Everyone wants to save money, even if the price is $10-20 more they will pay once they see they get better treatment. If they dont then good ridence! Those are the customers that dont appreciate you, they dont reccomend you and they just want the cheapest price.

sheshovel
05-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Save your breath. :)

Oh no,I get it,I get it and understand both of you very clearly.
So let me apowogize right now to you both.In front of this whole place.
I am really very sowwy for saying those bad things about your ideas and methods of doing businesss.
I am so mean sometimes,and nasty,
You both are so right,that I can't even stand myseff for being so rude and stupitd.
PLEASE fergive me,I truly am sorry .
I will twy to lern spell check and lern to read beter.I will twy to be a better person,I really wil
.....Again so sorry to you both.

pagefault
05-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Oh no,I get it,I get it and understand both of you very clearly.
So let me apowogize right now to you both.In front of this whole place.
I am really very sowwy for saying those bad things about your ideas and methods of doing businesss.
I am so mean sometimes,and nasty,
You both are so right,that I can't even stand myseff for being so rude and stupitd.
PLEASE fergive me,I truly am sorry .
I will twy to lern spell check and lern to read beter.I will twy to be a better person,I really wil
.....Again so sorry to you both.

I didn't ask for your apology. Frankly, the less you say, the less of your nonsense I have to read...

Charles
05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Ok enough of that

Todd's lawncare
05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
This is just a hunch but, I don't think you agree with me. And, your're right, I don't get it, but I am thinking of trying a "highest price guarantee", what do you think?
Go for it you'll still get the lawns some people like paying high prices for good work !!!! I'm any were from 10 to 400 higher then anyone else around so what . I'm am just saying what he is doing will work and may work GOOD and others are mad because they might have tried this and the didn't do it rite and went to the broke house for doing it . You all are beating a dead horse and its getting old and its not even the same thread and it is for MOWING ONLY . And thats all i got to say about that !!

sheshovel
05-20-2005, 04:54 PM
OK Charles,sowwy sir.

nobagger
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Todds, thanks for your support, but some people are just going to find something wrong with everything. Just to prove my idea is working I just landed a $580.00 clean up and a seasonal mowing customer all because she was tired of paying $60.00 for 4 guys to show up and only 2 working so she called the company and they did nothing about it for two weeks. She saw my ad in the paper and called me. We did the lawn care portion and it took us a whole 20-25 minutes and she is now paying $45.00, I'll take that all day! :D

tinman
12-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Everyone is cheap it seems. Is that why you see ...1. no interest or payments for 1 year, 2. First month rent FREE. 3. 4th mow is FREE . To get the cheapos to spend some money. Or does everyone see this stuff & try to get everything on the CHEAP? Don't know which came first chicken or egg.

bobbygedd
12-06-2005, 11:52 AM
this has nothing to do with commercial lawncare

Equipguy
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
It's always about the money!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

kmann
12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
this is how lowballers work. give the lowest price to get an account. Then when they get LOWBALLED they finally realize what they did. There is always some scrub out there looking to do it for less. When will people learn that customers know this and use it to their advantage?