PDA

View Full Version : Alright, here is my opinion on the Exmark vs. the Jd.

QualityLawnCare4u
05-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Alright, here is my verdict on the Exmark compared to JD. Ok, all you Exmark lovers may not like some of it though, so bring it on. I stole, I mean bought a Exmark lazer Z today with the 27 hp Kohler, 60 inch deck and the ultra vac after selling my 717. The difference was only 1200 bucks to go from the 717 to the lazer. First of all, the Exmark is a fine built machine, no doubt about it. I have been wanting one of these babies for a long time since I have heard so much rave about them.

1) Cut quality, even, could tell no difference.
2) power, the 23 kaw. is more powerful than the 27 koh. My 737 will not even bog down in 2 foot tall weeds, the kohler bogged down in 6 inch thick grass. Now before I judge this, I need to check and sharpen the blades on the lazer.
3) The hydralics on the 737 are MUCH smoother and quiter without as much whine as the lazer.
4) ultravc, I LIKED this feature, dumping from the seat, not having to get off my butt to empty bags over and over :angry:
5) comfort, about the same,
6) ease of maint. I would say about the same.
Once again, this is a fine machine, I might even like it better than the 737 before its over. Overall I would rate the Exmark a 8.5 and the JD a 10. Just my .02.
Alright, dont blast me to bad here, just my observation from a hours use. Will see how I feel at the end of the week. Going to have to get a bigger trailor though, both the 737 and lazer will not fit, I need 2 more feet in length and a foot in width.

jimslawns
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
That's a fair comparison, thank you for your review. :waving:

Jackman
05-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Send me a PM when you want to unload that 8.5 Lazer Z. I have a feeling after you spend more time on the Lazer you will decide to unload the JD... :waving:

kc2006
05-16-2005, 10:01 PM
So is business starting to look up down there? Your "hardworkingpoorman" but you changed your name right?

ALarsh
05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, why did you change your name?

QualityLawnCare4u
05-16-2005, 11:17 PM
KDC, yep, thats me, and since I started out with a different attitude and approch this season I decided to change my name with it. I may be hardworking but being poor is going to become a thing of the past or Ill go down with a vengence trying. September is still my cutoff to see how it goes though and I feel good about it right now.BTW, where is sheshovel, I miss her :waving:

Tider6972
05-17-2005, 01:56 AM
If your 23 Kaw is more 'powerful' than that 27 Kohler, somethings is bad wrong with the Kohler ! How many hours are on it?

My opinion of JDs vs eXmarks is about the same as yours, other than the engine issue.

rodfather
05-17-2005, 06:56 AM
If your 23 Kaw is more 'powerful' than that 27 Kohler, somethings is bad wrong with the Kohler

Exactly...I run both and there is no comparison.

QualityLawnCare4u
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
If your 23 Kaw is more 'powerful' than that 27 Kohler, somethings is bad wrong with the Kohler ! How many hours are on it?

My opinion of JDs vs eXmarks is about the same as yours, other than the engine issue.

Fifteen hours on it.. Like I said, want to check the blades and see if they are dull.