PDA

View Full Version : exmark stripes

JKOOPERS
05-17-2005, 12:54 AM
first cut of the season . there is 102 homes in this complex and common ground

Appalachian landscape
05-17-2005, 01:35 AM
you should go back over some of those lines to eliminate the tree ring circles.

stryper
05-17-2005, 07:28 AM
you should go back over some of those lines to eliminate the tree ring circles.
Agreed, a little touchup and those are awesome...I assume no stripe kit?

MOW ED
05-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Looks lush. Those homeowners on the left could f art and the people on the right would smell it in a second because they are so close. Nice job.

JKOOPERS
05-17-2005, 08:51 PM
those lines are so dark thats what i do take a look no matter what i do they are still there. no stripe kit. by the way i dont have time to go over 102 homes there.

Eddie B
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
The stripes look great, but i'm not feelin the tree circles.

Envy Lawn Service
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Do your trim and circle passes first. Then start at the back and forth stripes by the trees and work your way out away from them. In other words, hop the curb at the stripe that passes on the right of the tree. Mow down, circle the tree, proceed to end. Turn back on stripe that passes to the left of the tree and return to the curb. Turn and make the next pass back to the house. This pass will erase the circle (dark arc in light pass). Continue to work left to the drive.

Run down street, hop curb and start on the pass running towards that heat pump/power box/whatever. That pass will erase those circles. Return on pass to the left, which will erase the circles to the left of the tree.

If the circles still remain, you will have to add a stripe kit to help act as a better eraser, if that makes sense....

Mowmoregrass
05-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Thats wrong envy, the key is to put the tree in the middle of a strip.

BCSteel
05-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Well I dont want to be a downer here but... turf looks good! Stripes look like hell.

JB Landscape
05-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Blow off the driveway. If you have time to take pictures you have time to make the lawn look better. Striping kits are way overrated. They make a lawn look unnatural.

Mower For Less
05-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I agree. You should edge it and blow off the drive before you take the pic too. You really should erase the tree ring circles if for nothing else than just because you were taking a pic of it.

It appears you worked right to left (looking at the pic), just circle the tree on the dark pass to the right of the tree, then when you go back on the light pass, you can just go to the left. It wont look as perfect as going over the lines twice, but it will look alot better without leaving such a pronounced ring around the tree.

Kevin

Envy Lawn Service
05-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Thats wrong envy, the key is to put the tree in the middle of a strip.
Nope.... because it can't always work out that way. So the stripes fall where they may. Either way it's the same difference anyways....

Not a great quality picture here. But what do you do in a case like this with multiple trees... and some with tree rings 2-3 stripes wide?

JKOOPERS
05-17-2005, 11:09 PM
funny thing is i didnt actually mow this my brother did , but we have to cut 102 homes and common ground in 8 hrs. oh yeah about blowing that was next plus i just wanted to see everyone get all pissy about the grass on the driveway .

Mowmoregrass
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Nice strips envy but a single tree should always be in the center of a strip.

chefdrp
05-18-2005, 12:57 AM
i will agree with others. Turf looks nice but you and your brother must learn to go aroud trees the correct way. Also edge and blow off the drive. And someone said stripe kits are over rated and makes lawns look unantural. He just told you there was no KIT on the mower. My mower stripes super STOCK.

chefdrp
05-18-2005, 12:59 AM
102 lawns plus common areas in 8 hrs??? How many sq ft are you doing? They must all be postage stamp lawns. Mine are all like 15000-4.5 acres.

JKOOPERS
05-18-2005, 08:48 PM
i cut the whole neighborhood and yes all of the yards are postage stamp size. there is still alot of common ground though and all the backs of the homes . here is a pic of some of the backs . every front yard in this complex has one tree in the muddle of the yard. if i did like everyone is saying i would be wasting alot of time.