PDA

View Full Version : ¿bobcat/ransomes parts availability?

Eddie B
05-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I operate bobcat/ransomes walk behinds. The nearest dealer for these is 60 miles away, and it seems like i'm paying out the butt on parts over the phone. Its sometimes difficult ordering by phone as well. Is there an online supply of parts for these? Some place where I can get a lower price, too? Just paid 53 dollars on a blade belt for my '96, this is why I'm asking.

rodfather
05-17-2005, 05:52 AM
60 miles away!!! It says you live in Delaware, or is it Wyoming? A dealer 60 miles away is too far IMO. Period

Glenn J
05-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Try http://www.j-thomas.com/ I've had good luck finding parts for my Bunton from them.

Runner
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
I ws JUST going to mention, that if you didn't use a supplier like J.Thomas, or these Equipment warehouses (all your best bet by FAR), then perhaps you have a dealer that deals in Buntons around you. Many of those parts are interchangable, since they are both owned by Textron (along with Jacobson, Ryan, Steiner, and a few others).

Eddie B
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
60 miles away!!! It says you live in Delaware, or is it Wyoming? A dealer 60 miles away is too far IMO. Period

Ya im in Delaware, nearest dealer I can find is in PA.

kc2006
05-17-2005, 05:18 PM
For belts I found a guy on ebay sells them dirt cheap. Filters, tires, other little stuff I've been checking out landscape supply (lawnsite sponsor) and his prices are real good. I have a local bobcat dealer but they're idiots so I don't deal with them much. Next mower won't be a bobcat just because of the dealer only.

Eddie B
05-17-2005, 05:40 PM
For belts I found a guy on ebay sells them dirt cheap. Filters, tires, other little stuff I've been checking out landscape supply (lawnsite sponsor) and his prices are real good. I have a local bobcat dealer but they're idiots so I don't deal with them much. Next mower won't be a bobcat just because of the dealer only.

What's his ebay ID?

kc2006
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't remember what his ID is, I always just find it by searching for ransomes belts or bobcat belts. He's the only one that sells them, normally the drivebelts are like 7 bucks a piece, he sells all different kinds of belts.

Turfdude
05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Bobcat is a sponsor here. Try to check w/ them. If you're close to 295, we have a local dealer in Blackwood NJ - Laurel Mower. Good guys, great service, plenty of parts.