PDA

View Full Version : take a look at this. PROSLIDE on a quick 36.

TClawn
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
well, I finally instaled a proslide on my quick 36 and is REALLY nice. stripes very well on the warm season grasses, that I could never get to stripe before. put two 1/8" pieces of steel around the frame to transfer the force to the four corners of the frame.

if your wondering, we don't mow barefoot, the blades were off the whole time. it's my brother in the pics.

TClawn
05-17-2005, 04:04 PM

TClawn
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM

TClawn
05-17-2005, 04:07 PM
////////////////////////////

ICE
05-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Nice TC! So you finally got your proslide then, eh?! Where did you get it from and how much did it cost (if you don't mind me/us asking)? It looks nice, is that the new XT? Thanks, Tim

green-go
05-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Looks good :cool: . I have to admit I cringe a little whenever I see those Proslides, having the mower pull the extra weight of my fat ahs around, I'd always be worrying about the extra strain on the drivetrain. :rolleyes:

A bit off topic, but a couple of questions on the mower itself - what'd it cost you to have that shipped to Hawaii?? Another question - how's that engine been for you? Is it without an oil filter? Does it have good power and run well? Reason I ask is because I have a new backup mower with what looks like that same engine, I've never even run it yet and I probably won't for awhile. Hopefully you've found it to be a good engine. :cool:

dwost
05-17-2005, 04:39 PM
TC, looks great!! Glad to see you took the plunge!! :D

br549oicu8
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
where The Hell Are Your Shoes????

Dogbonz
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I got my proslide on Ebay New in box for $225,, and paid 9.95 shipping! Put it on the back of my Husqvarna 48" 15hp Kaw~5speed,,, it drags my fat A$$ around pretty good (200lbs) If I try to do inclines I get a small wheelie,,, so some clutching is needed but it does Awesome on level ground and strips super,, here is a link to there web sight that has a small Quicktime video of it in action: http://www.novaecorp.com/provideo.html
once you use one you'll never want a sucky again!

Rinker97
05-17-2005, 05:19 PM
TClawn,

Where did you end up getting your Proslide and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking? Also, I know you in Hawaii but is that the ocean I see at the top of one of your pics? Very cool.

Rinker

TClawn
05-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Looks good :cool: . I have to admit I cringe a little whenever I see those Proslides, having the mower pull the extra weight of my fat ahs around, I'd always be worrying about the extra strain on the drivetrain. :rolleyes:

A bit off topic, but a couple of questions on the mower itself - what'd it cost you to have that shipped to Hawaii?? Another question - how's that engine been for you? Is it without an oil filter? Does it have good power and run well? Reason I ask is because I have a new backup mower with what looks like that same engine, I've never even run it yet and I probably won't for awhile. Hopefully you've found it to be a good engine. :cool:

the mower cost $269 to ship to hawaii. the proslide cost 68.34 shipping with DHL. the proslide itself cost $200.

it is not the XT model.

it is a good engien. normally, I don't like briggs, but this one has worked very well for me. has enough power to run doubles. and pull me fine. the only thing I don't like, is that it's REALLY loud. a lot louder than my Z. I wish it had an oil filter, but other than that, I like it. I find that it works better with mobil 1 10w-30. but make sure you use regular dino oil for the break in period.

TClawn
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
where The Hell Are Your Shoes????

sitting in my house. lol.

I just went and took those pics before I started school early in the morning so I was kind of rushed. at least I was smart enough not the engage the blades.

kc2006
05-17-2005, 05:38 PM
lol whats it matter the blades are gunna cut threw your shoes anyway! HAHA

Hows do they work together? The 36 is a single hydro isn't it?

TClawn
05-17-2005, 05:45 PM
yes, it is a single hydro, and it won't cut through my shoes. they are steel toed.

I have no concerns about the drive train, the very same drive trains are used on the john deere Garden tractors and lawn tractors, which pull a lot more weight than a quick 36 with a 220lb operator.

as far as I know, I am the first person to try a proslide and doubles on a quick 36.

The C Man
05-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Br549oicu8, where the hell are your eyes? He clearly said the blades were off and they were just testing it out and taking pics.

kc2006
05-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I've seen blades put a whooping on steel toed boots.

I wasn't asking about how they work together in reference to the drivetrain. I was wondering how good it turns due to the single hydro. So does it turn real well and everything? That would be nice to do for gated back yards.

TClawn
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
you can make adjustments while on the sulky by shifting your weight to one side of the sulky, this creates more drag on that side, turning it sleightly. for turning around, I just hop off, do the turn, and hop back on once I start the next pass.

the reason I decided to go with the proslide instead of the step saver from better, was that I wanted to be able to step off to do the turns, because you have to use the reverse for turning.

Envy Lawn Service
05-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh don't lie now.... you know you hocked the Timberland's and the Nike Air's for enough for the proslide. Mom is gonna be ticked off until she sees the nice stripes. You might even want to work on how to lay a nice Nike swoosh is the grass so she'll get ya a new pair....

:p Just funin with ya LOL :p

Looks like you made a good choice to compliment the quick 36.

mosmgras
05-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Don't need no stinking shoes!

TClawn
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Oh don't lie now.... you know you hocked the Timberland's and the Nike Air's for enough for the proslide. Mom is gonna be ticked off until she sees the nice stripes. You might even want to work on how to lay a nice Nike swoosh is the grass so she'll get ya a new pair....

:p Just funin with ya LOL :p

Looks like you made a good choice to compliment the quick 36.

ROFLAMAO! that's what I would of had to do if I bought a proslide XT from my JD dealer. :blob3:

yazooflesh
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Is this a drag on the Quick 36? Looks like it might be too much for for the mower.

MOW ED
05-18-2005, 07:28 AM
You guys are jealous that he can be out there without shoes. Its Hawaii. :cool:
I love my Pro-Slide and I know you will like yours too. That 36 looks tiny in the pics. I have mine on a 44"Toro and the 15 hp Kohler has no prob pulling my 215lbs of steel around.

Scapegoat
06-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey TCLawn,

I saw on an older thread that you had a video of you doing turns on the Quick 36, but it was no longer there. That was pre-proslide.

Do you still have that to post?

Love to see you doing turns with the ProSlide.

TClawn
06-05-2005, 12:14 AM
yeah, the site won't let me post two of the same attachments.

the video is posted here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=102261

Scapegoat
06-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks! :)

cpos135
10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
My new Quick 36 is on the way and I'm interested in the potential of the Proslide XT. I've read most of your posts -- I'm interested in the mechanics of turning the Quick 36 with a Proslide on the back. I've seen your video without the proslide and the photos with it. It would probably be easiest to talk about it on the phone, but if you have a video of both a 180 degree turn and a turn following the curvature of a large radius lawn segment that would be the ticket -- not likely, eh? My e-mail is scrappyf16@cox.net -- if you send me your phone number and let me know when a good time to call is I'd sure be interested in your inputs. Thanks.

Tim

MV Property Care
10-13-2005, 03:07 AM
Looks impressive. I just got my super duty 36 about two weeks ago. I liked your video on how you turn them. I was trying to turn without reverse by lifting up on one side and pushing down on the other. I bought the sulky (step saver) and I think I am going to get bigger tires for it. The ones that come on it on the same size as the front of the mower. You better have a perfect lawn or you will feel every bump and hole. Is the proslide a problem backing up? Do you have to flip it up when you back up? Are you still glad you didn't get the step saver. It looks like you got the 13hp. Well good luck. MV