PDA

View Full Version : Scotts

Toy2
05-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Just got info on obtaining a Scott's lawn care franchise.......WTF...Is this something that can help you or hurt you?? I know the name itself means a lot to homeowners......would this mean more customers, which means more $$?

proenterprises
05-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I imagine that the initial investment is very high. Around here, we dont have Scott's, rather ChemLawn. They used to be pretty big, but have seemed to thin out over the years, and dont believe they hold the goden torch anymore. It all depends on your area. Call and talk with them, find out what the initial investment is.

ed2hess
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I think the fertilize business is under a little pressure in our area. Customers hardly want to mow and the last thing they want is fertilize. Out of our base less than 5% wanted fertilize. Scotts have several trucks in our area at a shop but I don't see them in neighborhoods this year.

Toy2
05-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Didn't know if attaching yourself to a company like this would be worth it...cost wise....again not sure why I got the info...I will attempt to call and see what the catch is...thanks for the info :)