PDA

View Full Version : MasterChute Repair

BobR
05-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Oops got too close to a wooden fence rail and broke my OCDC. Actually what broke was the nylon gear which drives the actuation linkage. Bummer...

I remembered threads that indicated that the manufacturer insisted that the drive motor and gear works were not a power window unit, my answer to that is BUNK. A visit to your local GM Parts counter will result in your ability to purchase a replacement unit but bring your checkbook as it ain't cheap.

Parts number from my local dealer is "88987652 MOTOR KIT 10.791 0" inside the box was another part number which might be of use to you "REGULATOR 10304914".

MasterChute had modified the power connect on the motor and as the motor was in great condition I just put my old motor on the new gear unit (4 screws) and was good to go.

Lesson Learned total cost $120.38.. I will find out which year and model GM this window motor was put into and then visit my friend who owns a wrecking yard I will have a spare unit and it will not cost an arm and a leg..

BobR

gl1200a
05-18-2005, 10:40 PM
It's the window motor for a '97 Pontiac Gran Prix. Part number is 497167 and you can get them on eBay for much less. I think I paid $67.00 plus shipping for my last spare. The extension connector that Masterchute put on it is the same as the direct plug in on the new motor.

gl1200a
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
By the way... I would like to find some more Masterchutes to purchase if anyone has the whole units or even parts of them. Thank you!