PDA

View Full Version : WE Chapps LawnSite Giv Away

Sean Adams
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
It is time for another LawnSite give away. This month Jim Carter and the folks at W.E. Chapps have offered up a great new product they have for the give away. The message below is directly from Jim.
==============================================

We appreciate what Lawnsite and the members have done for the Lawn Maintenance and Landscape Industry and want to give something back to the LS community. We also want to make everyone aware of our products and have our website be more interactive. One thing we have done is added a link on the home page for you to send us photos of you, your crew, or your equipment with a W.E. product included. You can get that started today by sending your photos to safety@wechapps.com.

The Lawnsite giveaway will be for one of our new products for 2005 - The W.E. Z/Top, a new style of sun canopy that tips back and out of your way for the ROPS Bar on Zero Turn Mowers. If you do not have any ROPS on your mowers, then you can choose the products of your choice up to $199.95. Here is a direct link to the W.E. Z/Top ... http://www.wechapps.com/home/Misc_C...w_e__z-top.html

The question is this: If you have ever used one of our W.E. products, how did it work for you, any experiences that you had in the field that we all would be interested in, and what changes or modifications would you do to the product? If you haven't tried one of our W.E. products and want to be in the giveaway, go to our website and find a product that has not been mentioned in any of the responses to date.

We hope that the Spring has started out strong for you and that you have a safe and successful season. And remember, W.E. can help you cut it!"
---
Jim Carter
W.E.Chapps, Inc.
800-816-2427
Fax: 386-767-2200
http://www.wechapps.com
===========================================

LightningLawns
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
I have a wright stander, do you guys make the trash bags for these types of mowers? I would like to try one of those.

Bushwhacked
05-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Hey Jim,

I purchased the WE leg Chapps with the velcro straps. They are great since they allow me to wear shorts and not worry about the dirt and grass getting all over my legs,socks ,and into my shoes. Just the other day (Monday) I had to weed-eat a backyard that had weeds 3-4ft high before I could start to mow. Put the Chapps on and when I was done you'd never know I had even started for the day, I just shook them off and got in the truck,no mess no fuss.
***The one thing I would add is maybe an elastic strap that would go under your shoe to keep them on at the bottom better ***

I also got the arm chapps 1. They work as a sunblock, 2. They keep my skin from sizzling on the trimmer or edger (yes,people I use both).
I also got the flapp to go on the back of the cap, haven't used it yet but expect I will in July/August zone 7.

lawn perfection
05-19-2005, 12:48 PM
I recently got the W.E. LEG Chapps they also have the velcro straps. Got them so I could work in shorts but they are not really working out for me.I can't get the velcro straps to hold them on my legs. When walking while trimming they seem to get lose and fall down. I have used them with pants to keep the grass off and they work great, no problems at all. Overall I liked the idea of the chapps. Unfortunally did not work for the shots idea for me. I think there should be some improvement on the straps. All in all I would purchase another pair of chapps to keep the grass off my pants, my kakies stay tan and not green. W.E. has some mower covers that I'm going to try this year also. Will give a review of them alittle later. Thanks again, Duke

TClawn
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
do you make a grass handler that would fit the quick 36? I would like to try that.

orangejbird
05-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't have any of your products. . . Yet! I've seen lots of good feedback on your products. I like the idea of a fold up top. I have a Snapper Turf cruiser w/o a ROPS. One will be ordered because I need the safety factor on my hillier jobs. (And i'd like to try a W.E.Z-top) I could also use it on my compact diesel.
my observation:
The snapper ROPS goes further over the driver than the Exmark doesOn your website the photos with the W.E. Z-Top on the Lazer Z.
I'd like to see the front portion cover further ahead for more coverage.(for that model)

WE Chapps
05-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for a great start with your answers on the new LawnSite Giveaway. Please try and get your responses in, the good, the bad and the ugly. W.E. will reply back on any questions or comments that you have.

Orange bird: Haven't seen the ROPS on a Snapper yet but it is no problem to extend the front of the W.E. ZTop. Results have been good so far on other makes of mowers with the ROPS.

TClawn: The GrassHandler with fit about any deck (just made one for the new Everide mowers) but one part of it is custom to each style of deck and we do not have a dealer in the area to see how their deck is at the discharge opening.
If we can locate a Quick 36" deck/mower we will make one and post that they are available.

lawnperfection: That doesn't sound good at all. They should stay up while walking for a long period of time. On the W.E.Leg Chapps ( they wrap all the way around the leg ) stand up tall with the knee area flexed. This makes the leg as small as it will be so that when you wrap the chapp around and pull on the elastic cinch strap it will be as tight as you want to make it. The strap placement is 1" above the knee cap, where the thigh tapers down and forms the knee area. If you put it up on the thigh muscle itself it will work its way down to the knee,with the thigh muscle flexing and relaxing, become loose and sslide down. Let us know if this continues to be a problem. Thanks for your interest in trying the Mower Covers.

Bushwacked: That's how the Chapps are suppose to work. They should not be any trouble at all. Easy on and easy off. A good clap together or a couple of shakes and on to the job.
We tried putting on straps for under the shoe/boot on the W.E. Foot Chapps in the beginning but with so many users working in sneakers with no heel they were getting worn out. We stopped adding it.
Glad that you like the Arm Chapps, they really are a useful product in our line of work. For those with thin skin that will bruise with the slightest amount of impact they will keep your arms looking an feeling a lot better.
When you go to using the Cool Flapp soak it in cool/cold water first before putting it on and it will add greatly to your heat relief.

LightningLawns:
Yes, we make the Wright Stander Econo Bag. It is offered with Velcro straps or quick release plastic buckles. Go to our website and click on the Manufacturer Section and then on Wright Stander to read about it and see a picture. To place an order click on the Order Form or call us at 1-800-816-2427

swonkeg
05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't have any of your products yet, but have been looking at the cool flaps
and hedge trimmer chaps. The hedge trimmer chaps would have saved me money the last 2 years in a row. (Left leg-9 stiches in knee once and 4 stiches just above knee) :cry: I do have a question about the cool flap with ear protection: I wear worktunes ear protection when working and wonder if the flap with ear protection would interfere or not be as effective as the standard cool flap when wearing hearing protection?

LightningLawns
05-24-2005, 09:55 PM
What would you recommend for the trash bag, Velcro or snaps?

WE Chapps
05-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Swonkeg,

The Neck/Ear Cool Flapp gives the top of the ears additional protection from the sun that the Neck Only Cool Flapp does not provide. The tops of the ears are real susceptible to sun damage and then later, skin cancers. The worktunes headphones may give you the ear protection that you need while you have them on as long as the entire ear is covered.
The Neck/ Ear creates a lot of shade and will protect you from the sun the whole time that you are wearing your ball cap. They also will keep you much cooler than the Neck Only style Cool Flapp with the headphones. Soaking in water first will greatly add to either of the Cool Flapps cooling effect.
You should be able to hear your music fine thru the Neck/Ear Cool Flapp, the material is lightweight 100% Cotton.

Thanks for your inquiry.

WE Chapps
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
LightningLawns,

It really is operator preference, both styles of fasteners work equally as well. The Velcro straps are more popular though.
W.E. recommend that users reach in the bag to empty the contents rather than taking the bag off each time. There are very few reasons to be taking the bag off once you have put it on.

TClawn
05-26-2005, 07:56 PM
WE chapps, what's the "custom" part of the grasshandler? at the discharge opening, the deck is 5.5" I could measure the width too if you need that to tell.

JKOOPERS
05-27-2005, 03:32 AM
i have 2 groundskeeper debris bags and the velcro on them sucks!

WE Chapps
06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
TCLawn,

The custom part of the GrassHandler is the area right behind the discharge opening. The length of the discharge opening is important but if you want to try one we would need photos and more dimensions to go by for the right fit.
W.E. have been getting good responses this season with this new custom style GrassHandler for the walk behind, zeroturns and stand on units.

WE Chapps
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
JKOOPERS,

Please explain what it is that you are having a rough time with on the Velcro fasteners. The straps are designed long enough to wrap once around the handle bar and then fasten so that there is a snug fit and they will not slid around when mowing or transporting the equipment. Thanks.

LightningLawns
06-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I just received my debris bag from w.e. chapps. I have to say that I am very pleased with the product. I don't seem to have any trouble with the velcro. The bag looks good on the machine and is large enough to handle most things that will be in my way while mowing. I will buy another one when I purchase another stander.

TClawn
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
TCLawn,

The custom part of the GrassHandler is the area right behind the discharge opening. The length of the discharge opening is important but if you want to try one we would need photos and more dimensions to go by for the right fit.
W.E. have been getting good responses this season with this new custom style GrassHandler for the walk behind, zeroturns and stand on units.

tell me the angles, and what you want pictures of.

what dimensions do you want?

FLYonWALL9
06-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I just placed an order today for two string trimmer/edger covers, blower cover, 21" mower cover and ztr cover. Looking forward to using these, the nice young lady in the office was very helpful and also told me you guys should get your shipment of the ztr covers in on friday Jun 10th. I have to say she was a great help and very kind.

Sooooo anything you want to throw in that big ole box would be like Christmas to me. :D

WE Chapps
06-09-2005, 11:31 AM
TCLawn,

It will be very difficult the more that W.E. think about it to make the custom part from photos. If you are off a 1/4" with metal it can make the whole product wrong.
If you want to try to take pictures you can but without seeing the deck and fabricating from it, it really is just a shot in the dark. The pictures should be of the discharge area, straight on and looking down with a ruler there to show exact measurements. Show measurement for behind the opening and distance top to bottom and from the front of the deck to behind the discharge opening.
Sure wish we had a dealer nearby.

WE Chapps
06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
FLYonWALL9,

W.E. like hearing nice things about those that work here. Thanks! Everyone likes what they do and have had experience in Lawn and Landscape Maintenance at some point so that they can relate to what you do in your work. This helps us a lot in being able to offer suggestions on what would be the best product for what ever situation they are trying to remedy. It also helps when it comes to developing and designing new products.
Your right the Zero Turn Covers should be in tomorrow and your order will be shipped then. Not sure what we can throw in that big ol' box though, maybe a catalog so that you can circle a few things and send to Santa. W.E. get quite a few gift orders for Father's Day, Birthdays and of course Christmas.

Have a Great Season!

PR Fect
07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
We have the Groundskeeper Bag on our Toro Z Master for two seasons plus now. Its still there and works great! Would not have a mower with out one. Also have the back pack blower covers and string trimmer covers. We did need to cut and sew a hole in the top of the blower cover so as to fit on our Jims blower rack. PR

WE Chapps
07-13-2005, 12:14 PM
PR Fect,

You have a few of the more popular products that we offer. Glad that you like them and have gotten good use out of them the past few seasons.
We had a Lawn Maintenance customer tell us when we first offered the Back Pack Blower Covers that they did the same thing that you did in having a hole put in the top of the cover to hook it on their Back Pack Blower rack. Since then we have come out with the Back Pack Rack Cover that is designed to have the blower mount to the rack first and then the cover goes over both the rack and the blower and Velcros shut with a strap and plastic quick release buckle to secure it to the rack itself. They work similar to how the W.E. Trimmer Covers go over the engine and gas tank.
A reminder that the Giveaway time is coming to a close. Any one that has not responded to the Giveaway still can get their names and comments in to be the winner of the W.E. Z-Top or $199.95 of your choice of W.E. Products. Just make your statement or comments and you are entered. Thanks to everyone that has participated so far.

Hope the Season is going Good!!!

baja4wd
07-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Currently using your chaps, they are quick and work well. Helped out this past week when the temp's hit 98-100. I haven't worn long pants since they came in. Easy on and easy off & I appreciate the email inquiring about my height to determine the length needed. Great product. Keep it up. Thanks.

olderthandirt
07-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Why not give some products out and have a "field test" report on this site. I think it would be the best advertizing and if you can stand the critisms the best way to determine changes that would be needed JMO

J&R
07-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Send some of you items will field test. and post good or bad.

WE Chapps
07-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Baja4wd,

Thanks for the positive comments on our products and the office staff. They will like to hear that.
The Heat is on! No doubt about it. The W.E.Strapp and Leg Chapps give you the opportunity to wear shorts throughout the work day and still get all the work you have to do done and keep your legs protected at the same time. You really should keep your legs covered while trimming and edging, we hear about a lot of strange accidents that can happen when using a string trimmer and having bare legs.
Hopefully the temps will drop and some rain will move in and keep the grass growing for you.

WE Chapps
07-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Olderthandirt,

That is a Great idea! You can be the first one to try a W.E.Chapps Product for an "Official Lawnsite Field Test". W.E. really want to hear The Good, The Bad and The Ugly about any and all of our products. These are Commercial quality products, made for hard use in extreme conditions. If they aren't performing like you (the Commercial Maintenance Professional) need them to, W.E. need to know about it.
Contact us and let us know what product you are interested in trying.

WE Chapps
07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
J&R,

Thanks for seconding Olderthandirt's idea of having W.E. Product Field Tests done by Lawnsite Members. Let us know what product you would be interested in testing and your mailing information.
Anyone else?