PDA

View Full Version : State of Mind

Eirik
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I haven't visited this forum since just after the "organic" threads were introduced to this site...After reading for quite awhile...

I just wanted to say I think organic lawn care, natural lawn care, is a way of doing business and a state of mind, opposed to labels, price comparisons, rationalizing cost vs. demand, and legal vs. illegal.

In other words,
if you professionally maintain properties and apply salt driven fertilizers...

You don't explain to the account how much you are saving in fertilizer costs, and how the product breaks down on the periodic tables or in the soil, or how the grass blades change from yellow to green...It's how you choose to do business. It's a state of mind.

There is an assumed understanding ( thanks to weekend commercials about scotts turf builder, weed-b-gon, weed-and-feed, dow, bayer, etc.) that you as the pro, are goin to blow our doors off with a herion addicted lawn that is almost...almost, black-green!
Yes!
The color of a truly healthy lawn I see on the T.V, a lawn they promised me, a lawn, that is carefree, weed-free and will definitely shun the neighbors into the admission...that, I am better... If you don't believe me just look at my flippin lawn!!!

On the "organic" side, there is also an assumed understanding.
A little less hostile and a lot more rewarding.

I will agree implementing "organics" with an exsisting customer base, is difficult and changing their state of mind.

BRANDMEL
05-19-2005, 08:38 PM
"The state of mind" statement is true. In my area I don't have many customers but the customers I do have are customers for life! That's how it goes in a nitch market.