PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Locks (PROLOCKERS)

RandysLawnCare
05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
what do you commercial mowers think about these prolockers.http://www.prolockers.com/images/photos/equipment.jpg I just got mine and put it on but anyone out there really put them throught some :angry: and find out some stuff I need to know. thanks. Randy's Lawn Care. :waving:

Blades of Steel
05-19-2005, 01:45 AM
got one last year at the louiseville show. We had a BBQ after the show and the owners gave out about 20 for free. I love mine and the price was deffinately right.

I need one for my walk behind now.

Tim

tstrong
05-19-2005, 10:11 AM
They're great ! I love a well engineered, high quality tool and this product fits the bill.

One side benefit is that you can position your ztr anywhere on the trailer for balance. My truck rides much smoother with the trailer balanced.

UPS broke open one of the boxes on its way to my house and Prolocker was very responsive getting new hardware to me. If you can afford it then get one, you wont be disappointed.

RandysLawnCare
05-20-2005, 12:33 PM
:waving: How did you go about getting new harware because My box was opened too when I arived and ups put yellow straps on it. the harware was missing, and I just got some hardware for it and put it on but still would like to have the hardware for future. because the bolts that I think come with it are made for wood platforms like with the no threaded part near head.And I am thinking about getting a wood platformed trailer. Thanks Rqandys Lawn Care :waving:

elamey
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
How much do the prolockers cost?

lawncare3
05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
How much do the prolockers cost?

Around $175

Grass Masters
05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
You cant beat them I have 2 on my trailer and not once has one failed

Only draw back is if your parked on a hill i is tricky to get it out

ed2hess
05-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Looks like these devices are bolted to the trailer? It would look like an unworkable object when you load the first unit in the trailer? What am I missing?

Grass Masters
05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
With the simple flick of a wrist you can remove the locker from the mounting plate so No problem at all

Lawnworks
05-20-2005, 10:39 PM
The old black design wasn't really the best. We beat the crap out of ours. We bent the mess out of the two forks, and we have been through two sets of locking pins also. I just ordered the new design for another truck. It should be better. There is really nothing out there that can compete w/ their design.

bob
05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I back my out front Grasshopper in the trailer first. I would simply have a Pro-Locker at the front of the trailer. I also back my Gravely 272z on the trailer. How would I mount a Pro-Locker for this mower? Once its backed on ,there's no room to go foward or backwards.

txlawnking
05-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Does Prolocker make anything to secure 21" mowers? If so, has anyone used them?

Lawnworks
05-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I back my out front Grasshopper in the trailer first. I would simply have a Pro-Locker at the front of the trailer. I also back my Gravely 272z on the trailer. How would I mount a Pro-Locker for this mower? Once its backed on ,there's no room to go foward or backwards.

What about just locking one of the rear wheels... they are smaller like ZTR's front caster wheels right?

MarcSmith
05-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I thikn what bob is saying that if you park your mowers on the trailer front to back you need to be abel to get around one of the pro lockers to get the mower off the trailer.

bob
05-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I thikn what bob is saying that if you park your mowers on the trailer front to back you need to be abel to get around one of the pro lockers to get the mower off the trailer.

Right, I'll post a photo later.

ed2hess
05-21-2005, 01:27 PM
If this device has to be removed each time you unload two mowers I don't see why a "bag of sand" don't work just as good? Any unit with transmission can be put in gear and most hydro units have brakes. The only unit we have to block is Snapper hydro, and sand bag works great. The 21" can be held with black bungy cord.

Grass Masters
05-21-2005, 05:28 PM
If this device has to be removed each time you unload two mowers I don't see why a "bag of sand" don't work just as good? Any unit with transmission can be put in gear and most hydro units have brakes. The only unit we have to block is Snapper hydro, and sand bag works great. The 21" can be held with black bungy cord.

DOT In most staets are craking down and Sand bags wont Fly if you get pulled over and get an inspection.

The device dont have top be removed every time that is just one way to do it if you need too

I have one mounted at the front of my trailer on the right side and then one at the back on the left side and just dodge the one on the back of the trailer when loading and unloading