PDA

View Full Version : Sales

trulinelandscaping
05-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Hello would like some some points on telling a commercial owner on why it is more important to use a professional lawn maint. company to do there work then having there "people" do it.
Here are my reasons.

We do a better job hands down.
They can save money on payroll.
They can save money on maintenance of there machines.(by the way surprised there stuff even makes a cut)
They can save on liability of there employees. (1 bought a lawnmower on the owners credit and used it for there own personal use, plus many complaints of there guys urinating in the bushes and last but not least one passed out in the truck from being to drunk)
Maintenance of the trucks

I hope you see my points on why it is best for a major company to vend it out to a professional licensed and insured company to make there projects look good. Just trying to get some feedback on how we can "persuade" them to used us. Thanks
Jarrett

tiru
05-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Hello would like some some points on telling a commercial owner on why it is more important to use a professional lawn maint. company to do there work then having there "people" do it.
Here are my reasons.

We do a better job hands down.
They can save money on payroll.
They can save money on maintenance of there machines.(by the way surprised there stuff even makes a cut)
They can save on liability of there employees. (1 bought a lawnmower on the owners credit and used it for there own personal use, plus many complaints of there guys urinating in the bushes and last but not least one passed out in the truck from being to drunk)
Maintenance of the trucks

I hope you see my points on why it is best for a major company to vend it out to a professional licensed and insured company to make there projects look good. Just trying to get some feedback on how we can "persuade" them to used us. Thanks
Jarrett

There are two sides to this issue. I have owned a commercial lawn co. and after moving to another state now work for a large apartment complex. I tried to get them to let me maintain the lawn. They said nada. Ok so now we are two months into a contract with a quote proffesional lawn co. one place has been cut twice the other 3 times. They have not aerated, fertilized, sprayed weeds or applied a pre emergant. They pay these guts more than I make in a month by having in house they could save over $20,000 per year. My companys liability would not increase. I have sold my services to many complexes with the saying a pro can do it better and now I am on the other side saying these guts suck. It really boils down to the quality of your work and doesn't matter weather you are and LCO or Joe Blow.