PDA

View Full Version : Discharging between two mulch beds

bobcat175
05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
How do you handle this situation. If you discharge and have to mow inbetween two mulch beds where the grass clippings will land right on the other bed???

I don't use the discharge shield because I switch back and forth with a catcher (mow completely with then next mow completely without). Plus I want to disperse the clippings as far/wide as possible. I remember seeing a manual "door" like a mulching kit that can operate open/close. Can this be used with a catcher without having to remove nuts/bolts each time? Do you just grab the catcher each time you mow that pass? I have a couple groupings of mulch beds that are far enough from each other so it would seem like a waste to run back and forth for a catcher.

bobcat175
05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
ok - further searching and I answered the question. OCDC.
So now the new questions are :
What is the best OCDC for a 48" WB?
Do any easily integrate with the use of a grassgobbler? (quick field change over without tools)

ztoro
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
ok - further searching and I answered the question. OCDC.
So now the new questions are :
What is the best OCDC for a 48" WB?
Do any easily integrate with the use of a grassgobbler? (quick field change over without tools)

I use the ACS(ocdc).. It works with the Accelerator bagger so I assume it works with the gobbler....

Heard good things about teh Director and the Qwikchute as well.. Dont know if they work with a bagger though...

bobcat175
05-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I use the ACS(ocdc).. It works with the Accelerator bagger so I assume it works with the gobbler....

Can you post some close up pics with both installed?

ztoro
05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Can you post some close up pics with both installed?
try this link. my pictures are posted on page 6.. the link should take you to page 6.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=97245&page=6&pp=10&highlight=ACS

bobcat175
05-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Great thanks. Looks awesome. That's the exact functionality I'm looking for.
Can you tell me the plate dimensions and also how far the mounting bracket is to the edge of your deck?