PDA

View Full Version : Exmark fixed deck adjustments?

Redd
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
How difficult/time consuming is it to change the deck height on a fixed deck exmark? (36" viking)

kc2006
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
At least 3 hours.

:D just kidding. Takes me less then a min to change deck height. Just pop the pin pick up the front of the mower with one hand and lower the spindle out move the spacer to where you want it and put the spindle back then repeat for the other side. The only down side is you get all greasy so gloves are needed.

Redd
05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
so you only change the height at the front????

Reliable Lawn Care
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
KC is correct, I believe the exmark comes from the factory (or at least from my dealer) at 2.5 inches in cutting height. I was told that you can achieve 1 inch lower or higher by adjusting the way KC described, which is how I do mine. This can be done without adjusting the rear part and keeping the blade tipped or at least level. You can also raise the blades or lower them on the blade spindles by moving the spacers either way. I haven't adjusted the rear height at all. And as KC said, gloves are needed, no matter how careful I am, grease finds me!

Roger
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
... the greasy hands -- the worst "feature" of the Exmark Viking!

What were they thinking? Of course, many other engineers from other manufacturers were thinking the same thing ... cheap and easy!

kc2006
05-19-2005, 10:25 PM
They should put a little seal in the spindle so it somewhat contains the grease, this way it doesn't come squirting out and all over the spacers so bad.