PDA

View Full Version : Rasing and Lowering

Lowe Mowing
05-19-2005, 06:25 PM
What is the correct way to raise and lower the mower on a Wright Stander or any mower i guess. Do you take the rings from the bottom of the mower and put them on top of the deck or do u move the rings from top to bottom of the wheel. If this makes no sense, how are u supposed to raise and lower your mower in the correct manner. Had to ask because everyone tells me different things.

Turfdude
05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
For most machines, don't mess w/ the deck pitch. Use the blade spacers. Set all machines at one height 3+" and leave them alone/ "Set it & forget it"

Sweetwater
05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
For my fixed decks I set height of mower deck (not blades) at max. For example, a Metro 48 is at full height in rear and pitched .25" down to the front (all rings beneath caster riser). Stander is maxed out in back and front caster risers are in middle slots and then one ring above risers yields .25" pitch. Then the spacers are adjusted for 3.75" cut which is nice for my area. One thing to remember, if you raise cut height only with blade spacers you have blades crammed way up in deck and air flow gets messed up. Try to keep as many blade spacers underneath as possible for best results.

Any dittos out there?