PDA

View Full Version : Equpment question

PrecisionYardworks
05-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi guys I have a question for you. Last year i bought a 2004 cub comm g1436 kaw walkbehind and mowed 20 weekly account with it. This year i bought a 2005 scag tiger cub and no longer use the walkbehind. So my question is do i seel the walkbehind or keep it? Also what would it be worth and is anyone interested in buying it?

hole in one lco
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
keep it as a backup if you get rid of it you'll need it the next day :)

slicksilverado01
05-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi guys I have a question for you. Last year i bought a 2004 cub comm g1436 kaw walkbehind and mowed 20 weekly account with it. This year i bought a 2005 scag tiger cub and no longer use the walkbehind. So my question is do i seel the walkbehind or keep it? Also what would it be worth and is anyone interested in buying it?

I would sell it. you wont have any probs with the scag. If you dont need it I would sell it. but dont let it go dirt cheap since you dont need the money to buy a mower right away. and use the money from the mower to pay off on debt or buy new equipment. (weed wacker, trailer, blower, edger, and etc.)

PrecisionYardworks
05-19-2005, 08:26 PM
thanks quicksilver thats what i was thinking

procut
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
My thoughts exactly.

gogetter
05-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm with hole in one, and I'd keep it. Not only is it vital to have a back up mower (a back up for all equipment for that matter), but you never know what kind of lawns may come along, perhaps something with a small gate, or a hill that can't be cut with the rider, etc.

Keep it!

CuttingCrew
05-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Keep it as a back up and keep it on the trailer. If your primary mower goes down, every minute at the dealer is costing you money. Its really nice to be able to pull your backup off the trailer, finish the job, drop the mower off at the shop that went down and keep on cutting. when the dealer calls you pick up your primary mower and keep right on going. I can't stress how important it is to have a backup if you a small operation like me.
If you don't need the money, keep it!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mike

jpp
05-19-2005, 09:43 PM
I would keep it as a backup. What if your scag should breakdown? Are you going to go out there with a 21? Keep it and be prepared.

Itsgottobegreen
05-20-2005, 12:06 AM

That is the truth. I got backup mowers to my backup mowers. My first 48" when down and was back to the good old 21" on 3/4 acres. Never again. I bought my 32" a week later after the 48" broke.

There have been days where I went through two standers(both broke the same belt on the same day) and a walkbehind (carb kept flooding out). So thank GOD my kubota tractor has a 60" MMM deck. We were able to get the grass cut.

Always have at least two of everything that is needed on a daily basis. Two mower, two trimmers, two blowers, etc. If on goes, the other can get it done.