PDA

View Full Version : Toro 60" LC

whiteclifflawn
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
I have been a scag guy forever, but I just bought a slightly used walk behind Toro hydro, and man, that thing will cut circles around my scags, I mean blows the scag walks away. I am wondering is the ZTR toro riders the same, because if they are as much better as the walk behinds, I am going to be trading a bunch of scags for 27hp lc toro riders. I am interested in quality of cut and speed.

TLS
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
How old are your SCAG's?

ztoro
05-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I have been a scag guy forever, but I just bought a slightly used walk behind Toro hydro, and man, that thing will cut circles around my scags, I mean blows the scag walks away. I am wondering is the ZTR toro riders the same, because if they are as much better as the walk behinds, I am going to be trading a bunch of scags for 27hp lc toro riders. I am interested in quality of cut and speed.

the new toro's with the Turbo force decks are very nice...

whiteclifflawn
05-20-2005, 09:03 PM
my scags are 2002 turf tigers, and fixed deck 52" walk behinds. the scag wd is the 21 hp kaw too beat it all. I maintain them very well too, blades sharpened every other day, oil check, grease, wash, tire preasure, etc. I just think on the yard I have grown into, scags are like tanks, cut anything down, but I am into more looking awsome than anything, and I think toro just does that better. Scags are great equipment, don't get me wrong. I just am thinking toro does a better cut.

topsites
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM

I been trying to tell you guys that Toro rules, and wondering why in the hell you would buy anything else ... I mean, 90 percent of the folks on this board have something else... Me, I got nothing but Toros.

Hell yeah it blows them away, 6.2 mph kicks tail, I run side-by-side with other-brand ZTR's on my fixdeck WB (btw, fixdecks are even faster and better than sfs, thou YOU have to know how to operate a mower or you will seriously skru up a yard).

I been sitting here wondering if any you folks in the business are actually serious, because with Toro I cut 10 yards/day by myself... And when you cut yards that fast, the price is dirt-cheap to boot. How the hell can you compete with that, are all you folks part-time or what?

To be blunt, Toro is the bmw of grass-cutting machines. Why do you think there's a 2-week wait on a brand-new one, and why do you think you can ALWAYS buy another brand anytime, so long it's not Toro :-)

When you own a Toro, you are finally telling your customer that you are serious about your business. Yes, I know most don't know that, but watching someone on another machine is true comedy when put alongside a Toro.

Nothing beats a Toro... Absolutely nothing !
Laters.

whiteclifflawn
05-20-2005, 09:23 PM
man there is a dealer going out of biz near me, they arew selling the DIRT CHEAP, ztr 27hp LC 60" deck, $8100.00, now that kicks a$$.

Back40Lawns
05-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I have a Toro Z 60". I love it. However, on a hilltop or a yard that may be a bit small, it will usually scalp due to the large deck. Otherwise, perfect.
Chad

whiteclifflawn
05-20-2005, 09:31 PM
I am basicaly using my tigers on say 1 acer plus yards, and my walk behinds on smaller properties. so I don't think scalping would be a big concern, but what about steep hills, will the toro keep up with the tigers on that, that is honestly my only concern.

procut
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Nothing beats a Toro... Absolutely nothing!

I agree!! :)

Envy Lawn Service
05-20-2005, 10:43 PM
I been trying to tell you guys that Toro rules, and wondering why in the hell you would buy anything else ... I mean, 90 percent of the folks on this board have something else... Me, I got nothing but Toros.

Hell yeah it blows them away, 6.2 mph kicks tail, I run side-by-side with other-brand ZTR's on my fixdeck WB (btw, fixdecks are even faster and better than sfs, thou YOU have to know how to operate a mower or you will seriously skru up a yard).

I been sitting here wondering if any you folks in the business are actually serious, because with Toro I cut 10 yards/day by myself... And when you cut yards that fast, the price is dirt-cheap to boot. How the hell can you compete with that, are all you folks part-time or what?

To be blunt, Toro is the bmw of grass-cutting machines. Why do you think there's a 2-week wait on a brand-new one, and why do you think you can ALWAYS buy another brand anytime, so long it's not Toro :-)

When you own a Toro, you are finally telling your customer that you are serious about your business. Yes, I know most don't know that, but watching someone on another machine is true comedy when put alongside a Toro.

Nothing beats a Toro... Absolutely nothing !
Laters.

That's too d@mn funny!!!!! :laugh:
Because that mower ain't even a TORO!!!!!!!! :laugh:
It's an eXmark!!!!! :laugh:

We seriously need a smiley on here that's rolling around in the grass laughing it's @ss off!

south jerz
05-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Have used many of both and Exmark is superior. Better cut, easier controls, tougher frame, less maint and beats Toro WB's 6.2 mph with a 6.75 top speed. Toro is good but not great. Like a recent post said, the cut of a healthy Exmark with sharp blades is not beaten. Toro's 21" mowers and ztrs, maybe a different story than WB's. Exmark makes a good ztr, but I have heard of defects and early break-downs with the Lazer Z's. There are many more Toro than Exmark dealers around me, so that would be an advantage, but never enough to switch.

ToroLandscaper
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
White Cliff Lawn im the guy you bought the mower from and man do i miss that thing lol i did get a ztr and i love it to i dont think you can beat toro i was wonderig if you ever went to clinton to go look or buy the mower let me know. Jacob