PDA

View Full Version : Do you say this is what I charge per cut or per month?

Wil22
05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I 'm having a problem closing some deals. I tell the customer this is my price per cut small yard 25.00. Customer say's give me a contract. I figure 26 more cuts from today, trimming hedges and aerating in the fall total cost 810 from June-Nov. 810 / 6= 135.00 a month. Customer freaks out.

Another customer I had said give me a contract. I said okay it will be 35.00 per cut, she said fine. This is your contract price and she flipped out on monthly rate.

I could do these lawns on a hand shake and that would be fine. When I mention monthly rate I lose the deal.

Do you guy's quote monthly rates or price per visit? Would it be better to say this is my price per visit and I'll bill you each month?

jt5019
05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I quote what it will cost PER cut, but tell them i will bill at the end of each month.Sometimes they would rather pay cash on the spot im fine with that.

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-20-2005, 12:55 PM
I have found that talking about what it cost for the whole season scares people. I too, quote weekly rate (plus tax) and bill at the end of each month. That way most people don't think about the fact that the year is costing them over $1000...... It is alot like selling cars. Dealers will push the "low" monthly payment and not talk about the total price you are paying over 5+ years.

Derek

Green Pastures
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't want the kind of customers who can't handle hearing the larger numbers associated with yearly contracts.

It takes all of about 3 seconds to break a monthly price out into weekly cost.

You'll regret dealing with people like that before it's over.

Think outside the box.

I can't "afford" to pay a lawn guy $615 a month to cut my grass, but I have a customer who can. Just because those numbers may sound high to you is irrelavant.

Sell quality and reliability.

aclassic
05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
i have a season price and divide everything by 8, so then they have 8 payments of the same ammount. yes they could divide it up and figure what they pay per cut, but this price includes sping/fall cleanup too so it wouldnt be accurate

Lodogg2221
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
You could set it up annually. Im going to try that next year. Figure the total cost of REGULAR services, IE Mow, trim, hedges once every two months, whatever, then take total annual cost, devide by twelve. Looks lower to the customer per month, you get income all year round. So instead of telling the cust you want $135 a month, you say 67.50 each month for 12 months. THats HALF to them. Not really, they are just paying longer. But you get the idea.....

DennisF
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Charge per cut and bill monthly. To some people $25 per week sounds better than $100 per month. It sounds ridiculous, but some people need to hear a lower dollar figure when they get a quote. I guess it makes them think they are getting a lower price.

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-21-2005, 08:11 AM
The "kind" of customers that I have.....are very happy with my service and never have to be called about payment. That is the kind of customer I like.

I don't want to wait for 12 months to get the money I could have in 8 or 9.......

Derek

Turf Technologies
05-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Whats nice about doing it in 12 month terms is you have the same amount of money coming in yr round. So I Jan and Feb when theres nothing to cut your still have checks coming in.

stumper1620
05-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Whats nice about doing it in 12 month terms is you have the same amount of money coming in yr round. So I Jan and Feb when theres nothing to cut your still have checks coming in.
I offer this to my seniors, most younger people are credit risk, others have the cash to care less, some don't even flinch when recieving a quote of 150 per week mow trim & blow.