PDA

View Full Version : need advise on new trimmer/blower

green thum
05-20-2005, 12:32 PM
;)well its a rainy day here in s.c. so i have a three day w/end,anyway i am in the market for a new trimmer and backpack blower.i have two echo trimmers but my newest one is less than a year old and have already replaced the carb. from what i understand thay have had problems with carbearutors(sp?) latley.have thay fixed this problem?i hear a lot of good comments on redmax equipment?any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated
thanks!!

brinlee lawn
05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
redmax is good equipment, I have a redmax blower. I also really like shindaiwa trimmers.

LCME
05-20-2005, 01:36 PM
i have a 7001 redmax blower and a redmax trimmer. runs great.

Lodogg2221
05-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Ive got a Deere XT120 trimmer and a Deere BP60 blower, the trimmer works great for me although a few local guys I talked to siad they would like more power, maybe the XT140, but the blower is the king. Made by Kawasaki. I believe, contrary to a lot of others, that the trimmer is to. Deeres older trimmers, the series before these were made by Homelite, but parts diagrams from Kawasaki and Deere suggest both are the same. Anyone know FOR SURE?

LALawnboy
05-20-2005, 02:43 PM
i guess i got lucky with my echo equipment. i've got an echo trimmer that's just over a year old and the only thing i've done to it is change the spark plug and air filter. my echo backpack is running great as well. i read something about echo that their carbs were a problem a couple of years ago but supposedly they have fixed this. hope this helps.

Dupontcar
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Same here on Echo equipment. I have 2 PAS-260's, a dedicated Echo trimmer, Echo backpack blower and Echo chainsaw. I have never had a problem with any of them and I would recommend them to anyone. Having a good local dealer is important as well, regardless of brand.

Good luck with your choice.

Lodogg2221
05-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Thats what I forgot to mention. DEALER DEALER DEALER!! It doesnt matter if you buy the best stuff on the planet. If it breaks and you cant get parts you might as well have crap. I bought my Deere equipment because of dealer service. Its excellent there. (And I really like Deere) Service, support. Those are number one.

jt5019
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I have both Echo and just got a redmax trimmer this year (the 2600 model)I love the redmax. I dont even want to touch the echos anymore and i thought those were good.

lawncare3
05-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Shindaiwa t-231 or a redmax bcz 3000 trimmer, and move yourself to a redmax 8000 blower. You will have a great time. :D

lawncare3
05-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Btw I have used MANY echos and shindaiwa and redmax are now my choice. Hell I sold a echo trimmer at a garage sale for $35 and it wasn't used that much that shows my point.

Tester Enterprise Inc.
05-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Redmax & Shindaiwa is the top of the line. They are balanced, smooth, have power and are quiet. Compare this to the others who are loud underpowered and exhibit excessive vibration. Do check out the specs for any thing you are going to buy online. The Redmax blower beats the Echo blowers in cfms and mph. The Shindaiwa is just under the Echos in cfm. I still went with the quiet well balanced Shindaiwa. I also have the C4 2510 multi tool trimmer / edger also by Shindaiwa. Again Shindaiwa has power, torque, RPMs, it is smooth, produces less pollution, less noise and no problems.

T.E.I.

mkwl
05-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Red Max all the way!!! I have a Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer and I love it!!! It has a ton of power and torque! I have a Stihl BR320 BP blower and it's great for small jobs and everyday use, but I think I may get a Red Max 7001 or 8000 this fall to help with leaf cleanups.

txlawnking
05-20-2005, 09:50 PM
At least for their trimmers. I really like the ktr27a... Pretty powerful, light weight, and cheap to boot...

BryPaulD
05-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I've got the Redmax 7001 blower and I love it. I want to get an 8000 also. I have the lil echo curve shaft trimmer, it's o.k. Cold starting lil devil and vibrates a little bit. Works descent when hot and full throttle.