PDA

View Full Version : How Much to Mow this Jungle: Part 2

Fareway Lawncare
05-20-2005, 06:11 PM
One of You Kids posted a Pic of a Postage Stamp Lawn w/some High Grass and said it Took 2 Men/1.25 hrs to mow and You Charged $90...

This Is Thick Healthy Lawn...No Weeds...Hasn't Been Mowed all Year... Almost Up to Your Knees in Spots...

Took 1 Man 8 Minutes to Mow to 2" Height & Trim .....w/36" Tracerhp/17hp Kaw Special Edition/ Micro Mulch/ Special Blade Configurations.

Not One Blade of Grass was Bagged...Not One Clipping Blown into the Beds..

8 Minutes.

Grass Masters
05-20-2005, 06:20 PM
a whole 8 minutes huh

Why do I take it your pulling someones leg Heck I run 60 ich ZTRS and I wouldnt try to mow that and trim it in 8 mins

Fareway Lawncare
05-20-2005, 06:26 PM
1 Pass w/the Tracer...5 min....3 Minutes to Trim...

The C Man
05-20-2005, 06:31 PM
This Is Thick Healthy Lawn...
...that looks even smaller than the one he posted, so it figures it would be cut in even less time.

... Almost Up to Your Knees in Spots...
It's NOWHERE near knee high in your pic, typical exaggeration on your part.

Took 1 Man 8 Minutes to Mow to 2" Height & Trim ...
And two men 30 minutes to figure out how to use the camera?

As usual, your credibility is zero.

DennisF
05-20-2005, 06:40 PM
One of You Kids posted a Pic of a Postage Stamp Lawn w/some High Grass and said it Took 2 Men/1.25 hrs to mow and You Charged $90...

This Is Thick Healthy Lawn...No Weeds...Hasn't Been Mowed all Year... Almost Up to Your Knees in Spots...

Took 1 Man 8 Minutes to Mow to 2" Height & Trim .....w/36" Tracerhp/17hp Kaw Special Edition/ Micro Mulch/ Special Blade Configurations.

8 Minutes.

Plus 20 minutes to get the mower up the stairs.

Fareway Lawncare
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
The Marked Section is Almost Knee High to a Grown Man....Waste High to
C Man....To be Fair the 8 minutes did Not include Blowing the Dust and errant clipping off the Patio Area....Nor did it Include the 3 Min. Needed to Scrape the Deck.

sethsodsquad
05-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Maybe that marked portion is ankle high - but not knee-high. Using the height of the mower, I can see that the grass would have to be at least twice as tall as it is now. And another question, why did you stop the mower and take a picture? because it was convenient (your TTHP stalled)?

Oh, and to continue: "Not One Clipping Blown into the Beds" has to be an incorrect statement. You don't have control over every blade of grass when you blow. You just have general control.

It may have taken you 8 minutes to mow the lawn, sure - but is that what really counts? What counts is how long you were there from arrive to departure.

--Seth Goings

Grass Masters
05-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh man only 5 mins to mow it and you still had time to stop and take a picture

Wow how long to load and unload 15 seconds

YOU ARE MIGHTY MOUSE of lawn care

Who gives a rats butt how long it takes to do the job..........Getting paid is all that matters and I bet you did your 8 min job at scrub rates huh

Pro-Scapes
05-20-2005, 07:24 PM
That aint close to knee high fareway. That's like ankle deep with few shin high blades. Now had you done it right and edged it all out and done it proffesional it might of taken longer.

Ordered my new z master today. Off to fla for the weekend. See yall!

P.s. Well he could of meant knee high to BG lol

The C Man
05-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Glad I don't need to point out again that's it's clearly not knee high since several others have noticed it as well.

And using your own words, 'waste' high is right - your posts are a bunch of crap.

Fareway Lawncare
05-20-2005, 08:05 PM
You Kids Need to Get a Grip...I said " Almost up to Your Knee in Spots"

Please Note the White Electrical Outlet Post in First Pic...& In Second Pic w/Redmax 8000 Sitting Beside it...& That was not the Highest Spot...

Mabe You Kids Need Better Monitors...

lawnman_scott
05-20-2005, 08:11 PM
You Kids Need to Get a Grip...I said " Almost up to Your Knee in Spots"

Please Note the White Electrical Outlet Post in First Pic...& In Second Pic w/Redmax 8000 Sitting Beside it...& That was not the Highest Spot...

Mabe You Kids Need Better Monitors...Why did you use such a big mower?

jbell113
05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Thats still some tall grass no matter what anybody says. I have cut yards similar to that and they didnt look bad untill I get into the back of the property and some of it was knee high.........looks good to me fareway....good job

Appalachian landscape
05-20-2005, 09:27 PM
why is your blower in the grass if you didn't have to blow the beds? You must be quick, I couldn't even unload and load all my equipment in 8 min or find the time to take pics.

Cleanmaxx Brian
05-20-2005, 09:28 PM
And my Bradley could have done that too :rolleyes: :p (Just a joke Fareway...not looking for a "that thing is garbage" type of a reply!)

I have been pretty quiet on this board lately...just reading and learning from all those who know way more than me, and it seems to me, Fareway has LOTS OF FRIENDS HERE! :p

TheKingNJ
05-20-2005, 09:42 PM
i have weekly mows that grow that high in a week.

grassmanvt
05-20-2005, 09:56 PM

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Frank2
05-20-2005, 10:23 PM
i have weekly mows that grow that high in a week.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

lawncare3
05-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Fairy- Are you 2'3" ? I ask this because I think that's the ONLY way it reaches your knees.

topsites
05-20-2005, 10:32 PM

8 Minutes.

Some corrections maybe necessary:
- Not like it's THAT big a lawn, LOL.
- More like a little past your ankles, those are the joints below your knees ...

Fareway Lawncare
05-20-2005, 11:06 PM
You Kids Need to Find Yourselves a Redmax 8000...If Your Ankles come to Just Below the Air Filter Cover You may Want to Join the Circus...

The C Man
05-20-2005, 11:19 PM
You Kids Need to Find Yourselves a Redmax 8000.

Don't you mean the 8002? Just another of your lies. What a pear shaped loser you are.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=101961#post983025

Todd's lawncare
05-20-2005, 11:48 PM
So it only took one pass ? well what you got there that you just cut look's like shi* and the done pic looks a bit better but there no way it was done in one pass .

HOOLIE
05-21-2005, 12:06 AM
I thought you said recently that the snow was just starting to melt up in the Great White North...so how did that grass get so green and lush so quickly?

BCSteel
05-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey look, it Fareway taking a break! http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37530

"I thought you said recently that the snow was just starting to melt up in the Great White North...so how did that grass get so green and lush so quickly?"

Fall fertilizer.

Jason Rose
05-21-2005, 01:08 AM
OK, I just have to add, nope, that's not tall at all. Like someone else said, I also see lawns mowed weekely with that much growth.

Just last week I took on a "project" lawn. Around 5,000 sq. ft. total, about half in front and half in a fenced in back yard. The front was between 12" to 18" tall easy, but with the 50" dixon 2 fast passes blowing it and one back over it to clean it up then trim and blow off the drive it took about 35 minutes. The back was a different animal... The chain link fence was 3' tall. The seed heads on the grass was lever with the top of the fence! What a horror story... I used my "trimmer on wheels" to knock it down and had to use the 21" with bag to pick up the debris, dumped on tarp and then draged to the truck 2 times. It really looked nice when al said and done, and I made 65 bucks on it total. Took about and hour and a half total and is now a weekley customer.

Normally I don't touch crap like that with a 10 foot pole, not worth it to me anymore, but I know the neghiborhood (grew up there) and knew the house when she called me a few days prior. I did not quote over the phone, I knew what the front looked like, but the back was twice as bad.

Secondly, I guess if I had nothing better to do and I carried my camera with me all the time I would have shot a few pics, maybe hired a midget to stand in the middle to show how the grass was "over your head tall" LOL. But alas my work truck is no environment for a piece of electronic equipment, waaaay too hot and dirty. Not to mention I don't want to be fumbling with my good camera with green hands and mess up the buttons!

tinman
05-21-2005, 01:12 AM
LOL :blob3: :blob3:

Nathan 281
05-21-2005, 01:21 AM
So how much did you get to cut it payup

Grass Masters
05-21-2005, 01:26 AM
He dont know what they guys who cut it got paid that was pics of his back yard while the company he had to hire mowed his grass......TOOK him 8 mins to find enough pennys to pay the poor saps

stevo22
05-21-2005, 01:54 AM
man, i have got to get some of the stuff fareway is smoking!!!

Grass Masters
05-21-2005, 01:57 AM
I think he may be eatting the Shrooms he is supposdly mowing down dont blame that on Smoke

Fareway Lawncare
05-21-2005, 02:10 AM
I Can Understand that You Kids are Jealous and Confused...But Yes 1 Pass w/the Special Edition Tracer and No Bagging and No Side Blowing...One thing is For Sure...Had I Used one of My Toro Walks w/SFS Decks...This Cut Would have Taken 30-40 Min...Would have Had to Side Blow or Bag and Would have Clumped and Had Much Clean-up and Disposal Time...

Its all in the Equipment Kids...

BTW...This is My Backyard...Which is Why I had So Much Time to Shoot Pics...

Say Hello to One of My Pups....casey.

Pro-Scapes
05-21-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm sure your tthp running slow with good blades would shred that if it was dry. 1 question tho. The 1st pic you posted where it was part way into the grass what happened to all the blowout from when it entered the lawn from the concrete. Every mower I have ever used throws some unless I have bagged with the ultra vac.

2nd you can't use your own yard to judge how long it should take someone to do a diff yard. specially when a lot of us wouldn't leave a yard looking like yours did on the first pass.

I'm on a 4 day vacation pass whatever your smokin lol just kiddin

Eddie B
05-21-2005, 04:02 AM
I Can Understand that You Kids are Jealous and Confused...But Yes 1 Pass w/the Special Edition Tracer and No Bagging and No Side Blowing...One thing is For Sure...Had I Used one of My Toro Walks w/SFS Decks...This Cut Would have Taken 30-40 Min...Would have Had to Side Blow or Bag and Would have Clumped and Had Much Clean-up and Disposal Time...

Its all in the Equipment Kids...

BTW...This is My Backyard...Which is Why I had So Much Time to Shoot Pics...

Say Hello to One of My Pups....casey.

Yep, 30-40 minutes bagged, that's even stretching it. And you mowed solo, correct? Still beats 1 hour and 15 minutes, by far.

TClawn
05-21-2005, 04:14 AM
one of my accounts grows that much in two weeks. it would take me two passes, but still, that is only knee high on my austrailian shepherd.

The C Man
05-21-2005, 05:06 AM
You said someone here is jealous of you? What a delusional loser you are. Even the dog looks disappointed that he knows you.