PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend getting mad at grass clippings every where.

South Florida Lawns
05-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah so lately i have been getting hell from my girlfriend because its all over the garage and getting tracked in our house. She also cannot believe how dirty my new truck is, inside and out. I just cant help it especially at the end of the day when im tired i don't have time to clean anything up. I can tell that it really bugs her but i don't know how to stay so clean LOL.

LawnBrother
05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
My girl won't put up with that stuff, man. I know better. I brush myself off before I come inside and my shoes come off at the door! Or else....

hole in one lco
05-21-2005, 12:09 AM
i just got 800.0 in a new vacuum and stem cleaner so if i don't make a mess then i just wasted 800.0 at least that was my excuse to the old lady whining :)

Jason Rose
05-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Tell her that if you stopped bringing in grass and always had a clean truck that you would no longer have any money to spend on her! That grass on the floor is equal to $$$ in the pockets.

On the cleaning note... How many have actually hired a cleaning service to do your house? weekly vaccumming, dusting, and cleaning the hard floors. I can run a blower outside to keep the patio and the garage clean but I can't for the life of me get the gumption to run a vac in the house anymore.

Todd's lawncare
05-21-2005, 01:34 AM
watch your language

rodfather
05-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Have you considered getting a new girlfriend btw...LOL :D

jeffex
05-21-2005, 06:43 AM
during cutting season we used to have grass clippings get in the fridge! My wife brings my dinner and beer to the front porch now as my truck pulls up . I brush off outside and take my shoes off . It seems to be a happy medium

MOW ED
05-21-2005, 08:48 AM
The green clippings translate into green dollars. If she don't like it tell her to hit the road.
My wife NEVER complains about grass anywhere in fact she encourages it. If she is just a girlfriend you have two paths to take, she learns to embrace what you do and support it or she moves on and you find a woman who appreciates you.
You could turn into a spineless jellyfish and get changed in the garage and then meticulously clean after yourself to please her but then you might as well kneel when you pee.
Sorry to be to the point but thats life.

olderthandirt
05-21-2005, 09:12 AM
#1 Get a new G/F #2 use a blower to blow the clippngs off of yourself #3 hire a hot looking cleaning girl to come in once a wk to clean. No whining and a clean house and if your lucky a new girl friend

Charles
05-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Thats what I do. I use the blower to blow the clippings off my shirt, pants and shoes at the end of the day. For one reason is that I live alone and I am the one who has to clean up lol

sildoc
05-21-2005, 10:02 AM
My wife and I have come to a happy medium. I do blow and brush off as much of the clippings as possible, however there are always some that fall off as I walk through the house.
We came to the conclusion that If I did not want to take the vacuum responsibility that I would at least take all of my clothes off in the mud room. This makes it easy to sweep.
She mentioned the garage once about a year ago and keeping it cleaner. That one pretty much stopped there when I said that was my domain and if she wanted to sweep the floor go ahead but don't touch anything else.
Needless to say the garage floor has never been swept by her.
Come to a happy medium. You will be happy and she won't complain.

tjgray
05-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I just overlook and have become quite accustomed to equipment in the living room, or grass and dirt on the carpets. It kind of comes with running your business out of your home...and since it pays for that very same home I can't really complain :D

I do try and make sure the truck gets cleaned out at least once a week but even cleaning it that much it can still be pretty trashed up sometimes.

ChadA
05-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I always come in through the garage. The laundry room is right there so all my clothes come off and go in the washer. Then I hit the showers. Seems to cut down on the mess.

South Florida Lawns
05-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Even though I had to make a trip to the nursery for 3 palms. Sure enough they keep em in the back where all the mud is, now i cant ever resist to use the 4x4 in my truck i had no other choice today but to get her dirty again. BTW the new Chevy's need bigger tires from the factory as I almost got stuck, o well it was fun!

turfmann
05-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Grass clippings in the house? Oh, the horror! Dirty truck? You scoundrel!

Those things are the residual of hard work - last I knew that was a virtue.

Don't know you, don't know your girlfriend. However, if this is how its going before you "go to church" imagine how it will be after wards.

I think quite a few of the married guys will agree with me - nip this problem in the bud. (Sorry, Tara, I'm generalizing) Today its grass clippings, tomorrow, who knows?

Sorry, I gotta go...dirty dishes, dirty laundry and a soccer game to get to.

tjgray
05-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I think quite a few of the married guys will agree with me - nip this problem in the bud. (Sorry, Tara, I'm generalizing) Today its grass clippings, tomorrow, who knows?

Sorry, I gotta go...dirty dishes, dirty laundry and a soccer game to get to.

No apology needed :D I agree with you. If she is whining about the way you make a living then she needs to learn how to drop the petty stuff *she will be miserable if she doesn't* or South Florida needs to do himself a favor and drop her. This business is some hot, tiring, dirty work...a man needs a strong support to be able to manange *not someone constantly complaining*

Now Turfman leave the dishes *I finally learned how to do this* and the laundry and go and enjoy your soccer game :waving:

The mayor
05-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I work hard and clean up after myself. Something about living like a pig because I can't clean myself up just don't cut it. I hope you take pride in your lawn service better that you keep your house.

Del9175
05-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I come in through the garage and strip down in there. I have an outdoor shower right out the back door so sometimes I'll rinse off out there.

turfmann
05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
No apology needed :D I agree with you. If she is whining about the way you make a living then she needs to learn how to drop the petty stuff *she will be miserable if she doesn't* or South Florida needs to do himself a favor and drop her. This business is some hot, tiring, dirty work...a man needs a strong support to be able to manange *not someone constantly complaining*

Now Turfman leave the dishes *I finally learned how to do this* and the laundry and go and enjoy your soccer game :waving:

Tara,

48 degrees and raining (for the fourth straight Saturday!) at the soccer field. I've got three frozen popsicles (daughters) to thaw out. They loved it though!

Now, I'm going to make myself a martini and start dinner.

Oh, in case you're wondering...where's my wife? She pulls two 12 hour shifts at the local ER on weekends. Landscaping - easy. Nursing & motherhood - hard.

tjgray
05-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Tara,

48 degrees and raining (for the fourth straight Saturday!) at the soccer field. I've got three frozen popsicles (daughters) to thaw out. They loved it though!

I don't even know what to say to that...it is freaking 98 degrees and HOT here.

Landscaping - easy. Nursing & motherhood - hard.

You will get no arguments from me on that one :)

And Mayor who are you writing to? If your comment was directed at me, then let me assure you that just because I can leave dirty dishes in the sink and don't mind a spreader sitting in the living room absolutely does not mean that we live in filth....I have just learned that things don't always have to be perfect for me to be happy :waving:

mowerman90
05-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Thats what I do. I use the blower to blow the clippings off my shirt, pants and shoes at the end of the day. For one reason is that I live alone and I am the one who has to clean up lol

Somehow I just can't picture you holding a backpack blower and blowing off your shirt. Maybe your pants, but shirt, I don't think so.

turfmann
05-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Your right, Tara

My grandmother lived to the age of 92 and was independent up to the month before her death.

We went to clean out her apartment and there were the morning's dirty dishes in the sink.

Lesson: Enjoy life, you never know when the ride is over. When the ride is over there will be dirty dishes. So what.

nriddle77
05-21-2005, 07:47 PM
As soon as I started cutting grass, it became my job to clean the bathtub. I don't mind doing it, since I am the one who gets it so filthy.
I try to brush myself off and remove my shoes and socks before walking in the house.

Todd's lawncare
05-21-2005, 09:31 PM
watch your language
THERE WASN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT AND THANKS BTW

Todd's lawncare
05-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Somehow I just can't picture you holding a backpack blower and blowing off your shirt. Maybe your pants, but shirt, I don't think so.
You better watch out buddy

mowerman90
05-21-2005, 09:36 PM
what's that mean????

wiselawns
05-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Use the blower to blow them out of the house. My kids love it.

Itsgottobegreen
05-22-2005, 12:29 AM
If you were smart like me. You would get a girlfriend that is turned on by the smell of mulch, grass, diesel fuel, and sweat. She loves its. Even better if I run a fire call during the day. Then I also smell like my fire gear. Then I am in really in trouble. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you get what I mean.

Charles
05-22-2005, 05:40 AM

Mowerman90, yea I put the blower on the ground and direct the air all over.
I dont do this every day. Just when grass has been damp or I have been bushhogging

jeffex
05-22-2005, 07:40 AM
that blower thing in the house is hell with the smoke detector!