PDA

View Full Version : "Fresh laundry on the line"

rdran5
05-21-2005, 09:24 PM
This one house, every week I have cut approx the same time and same day for the last 6 or 7 weeks, every time but twice, their has been wet clothes on the line, what do I do? Mow around it, don't trim around it, it just makes me mad. Have any of you guys ever had this problem?

lawnman_scott
05-21-2005, 09:29 PM
This one house, every week I have cut approx the same time and same day
End of story. Not your problem.

jt5019
05-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Not much you can do... see if they are home and will move it or just mow around it and try to keep the clippings from getting all over them.If you do the lawn on the same day evey week they should know better.

traman
05-21-2005, 09:53 PM
not my customer but the neighbor,always has cloths on the line ,i always edge then trim first to make sure i make enough noise so she knows am there.if the cloths are not moved by the time i mow ,so be it.i just assume she must like the Essenes of echo instead of tide :p :p :p

tjgray
05-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Wow....do folks still do that :D

I haven't seen clothes on a line since I was a child.

MowerMoney
05-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Just yesterday, as I was cutting one lawn, the owner comes out, we chat for 30 seconds, then he hangs clothes on the line before I even cut that area. Oh well, I just kept cutting. Nuisance was that I had to duck under the clothes on every pass. Some people just don't think.

Last Friday, I was doing a one time cut for a lady that calls when they don't have time to cut themselves. So she knew I was coming, as she called the day before, and there were some wet sheets on her line. i didn't notice till I was trimming, but those sheets were all speckled with green. Oh well.

stumper1620
05-21-2005, 11:20 PM
This one house, every week I have cut approx the same time and same day for the last 6 or 7 weeks, every time but twice, their has been wet clothes on the line, what do I do? Mow around it, don't trim around it, it just makes me mad. Have any of you guys ever had this problem?
must be a senior citizen, mowing the lawn on monday huh, better change days or deal with landry every time you mow, back in the good ol days monday was wash day, my grandmother was that way until the day she died at 91, If I'm right monday is not going to get changed by them so its up to you to decide, with me if it was posssible to change the day I would, old folks are very set in their ways.

leadarrows
05-21-2005, 11:32 PM
(old folks are very set in their ways.)

Hey I resemble that!! LOL

Discharge away from the laundry and you have done all you can.

dfor
05-22-2005, 06:40 AM
A few weeks ago, a lady was hanging laundry on the neighbors clothes line while I was still cutting. I was no more than 20 ft. away from her. :dizzy: Some people are idiots.

HighGrass
05-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I had the same problem. I just tell them why I didn't mow near it. Since the weren't too bright to put it there in the first place, I guess they care more about their laundry then they do their lawn. Which is fine...it's their money.

BCSteel
05-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Laundry, dogs, sprinklers, lawn furniture... if they decide to put it out while I'm there I leave a BIG area around it un cut. Its their own fault for being so damn stupid. What do they expect to happen?

prizeprop
05-22-2005, 12:13 PM
print up a simple form with your letter head on it and use them to notify customers of such problems as this. Mrs smith ,several times we arrived to cut lawn and the cloths were hanging in our way, we dont want to get grass clippings on them,so please avoid this on your scheduled day .thankyou. Now youve done your part, the rest is up to them. Just leave it for them before you leave. We use these forms to advise customers of potential problems or suggestions too.