PDA

View Full Version : need help on edging

LALawnboy
05-22-2005, 04:24 AM
i've got two yards that i've picked up where the edges of the grass are about 4-5 inches from the sidewalk. i was wondering should i follow the line of the sidewalk or should i edge the grass line? thanks

tfilbert
05-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Looks bad right? You are a lawn care guy right? What are you going to do about it? Are you sure this is how you wish to make a living? OK, I'm not ripping you here but let's be serious for just a minute. It got that way because someone followed the grass until the gap became huge. Fill the area with top soil and plant grass. God just adds water. Buy an edger!
Tim

mosmgras
05-22-2005, 06:22 AM
I agree, you need to bring the grass to the sidewalk and edge the line. I took on a new customer last year with a similar problem. This particular gentleman was extremely timely with payment so I used some leftover sod from another job to correct the gap in grass coverage. I laid down about 50 feet of sod at about 6 inches wide. Even if I had to buy the sod it wouldn't have cost but $25 or so. Depending on the quality of your customer and the length of the sidewalk, I might suggest the same to you. Besides, having a nice edge to follow makes your job of trimming much easier.

Jay Ray
05-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Had one last year where the sod had been thrown 2 to 3 inches from all the concrete and bed edging. Tried to talk them into letting me backfill it but they wouldn't go along with it. Sometimes there is nothing you can do.