PDA

View Full Version : Changing Belts on Stander

DAVELAWN
05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
The larger of the two belts on my stander (i think its the drive belt) has a few cracks. I know its going soon. I haven't changed a belt in awhile, and forgot. Anyone run through it with me quick? Do both have to be loosened, and removed to do the larger belt? dont laugh its been awhile!

Itsgottobegreen
05-22-2005, 01:01 PM
On a 48" to 61" stander. You have to remove the smaller deck belt first to get the larger belts off. A ratchet wrench is really nice when loosing the nuts on the idler pulleys.

If you have to change the hydro belt. You have to loosen the larger belt and slip it off the clutch to get the hydro belt on. Then put it back on after replacing the hydro belt.

Turfdude
05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
You may also have to remove the wire for the clutch first. You will want to loosen up the blade belt tensioners too. The worst belt to remove is the damn hydro belt. Its in a bad location, sometimes can be thrown off w/ a gumball or small stick and getting that spring stretched back is a hassle. We have used a bungee in the past going thru the slot in the side & pull the belt tensioner for that back & hook bungee to whatever we can.

DAVELAWN
05-22-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks guys

Itsgottobegreen
05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Its in a bad location, sometimes can be thrown off w/ a gumball or small stick .
I just put the bolt on the spring to the far-est hole. That will prevent the hydro belt from coming off. But will cause the belt to wear faster from the extra tension.

getting that spring stretched back is a hassle. We have used a bungee in the past going thru the slot in the side & pull the belt tensioner for that back & hook bungee to whatever we can.
I haven't done this yet. But I am going to mount a chain (like the scags hydro walkbehind cold weather kit has) on mine and run it through the hole in the side of the frame. (its was designed for this. But wright never need to make a kit because of the new easy starting Kohler V twins.) So I can do what you do with the bungee cord.

gunner27
05-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I just put the bolt on the spring to the far-est hole. That will prevent the hydro belt from coming off. But will cause the belt to wear faster from the extra tension.

I haven't done this yet. But I am going to mount a chain (like the scags hydro walkbehind cold weather kit has) on mine and run it through the hole in the side of the frame. (its was designed for this. But wright never need to make a kit because of the new easy starting Kohler V twins.) So I can do what you do with the bungee cord.
Dude, why hasn't Wright hired you in research and development? Any question I have ever thougt of about Wright products you have pretty much already touched on.