PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Flats

PR Fect
05-22-2005, 02:00 PM
New eXmark CT zero turn keeps blowing front tires. We get the tire over small curb on a grass island and then back up. Hard not to do, 17 odd shaped islands at condo complex. Tire hits curb and gets knocked off rim. 11 x 4.00 - 5 tires. eXmark says 16 psi. Carlisle says 46 psi max. I put 40 psi in them to see if it helps. Any other suggestions? PR

PR Fect
05-22-2005, 08:02 PM
OK, just got back from mowing a few. Jan say's her mower is to bumpy. I have to agree. The deck even flops and it gives a poor cut. 40 psi is not going to work. What a rough ride. :cry:

Restrorob
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
OK, just got back from mowing a few. Jan say's her mower is to bumpy. I have to agree. The deck even flops and it gives a poor cut. 40 psi is not going to work. What a rough ride. :cry:

Install tubes !

ed2hess
05-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't know if there is any machine that you can jump curbs without having a problem. Get a 2x8 board and mount it on the unit so you can use it when you need it. The only way we go over curbs with walkbehind is backwards then raise the the unit so the front wheels don't hit the curb. I forgot I got a nice curb jumper device with my Walker that works real slick, but with Walker you don't have to get off the seat to put it down and pick it up.

Itsgottobegreen
05-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Install tubes !
Had to due that to my standers. With the wheelie pulling or cutting in ditches. 20 psi rides great but the slightest sidewall movement caused the tire to come off. 60psi the tires never came off but the ride are unbearable.

dutch1
05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't know what size tire you might require but I would check out Amerityre , a flat proof tire that is available. I have not used them but have seen them mounted on the fron of a Toro walk behind. No air involved and they are quite resiliant.

topsites
05-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't know if there is any machine that you can jump curbs without having a problem. Get a 2x8 board and mount it on the unit so you can use it when you need it. The only way we go over curbs with walkbehind is backwards then raise the the unit so the front wheels don't hit the curb. I forgot I got a nice curb jumper device with my Walker that works real slick, but with Walker you don't have to get off the seat to put it down and pick it up.

I dunno, I keep my WB's front casters at 50 psi (rears at 30), love the ride and jump curbs ALL the time! However, right as I approach the curb, I slow down and then speed up REAL sudden so it lifts the front-end in the air - perhaps this is possible with a ZTR? (pop a wheelie, dude).

TLS
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
I run 13 psi in all 4's on my Lazer as per the manual.

Popped one off the bead last year in an odd occurrance.

You just have to be cautious.

Curbed islands SUCK!