PDA

View Full Version : my first snow bird

Frontier-Lawn
05-22-2005, 01:34 PM
well i just got a email from a customer in CT. he needs a estimate for his winter home down here to be cut during the sumer. any one get these types in fl and are they trouble? ps i bill one month ahead so i dont have to worry about late paying pita's

lawnman_scott
05-22-2005, 01:37 PM
How could they be trouble? 1000 miles away paid in advance, Ill take all i can get of them. What if you run behind and get there a few days late? Whos going to know?

Oldtimer
05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
How could they be trouble? 1000 miles away paid in advance, Ill take all i can get of them. What if you run behind and get there a few days late? Whos going to know?

You would know and that should be enough.

We should always do the right thing whether or not anyone is looking.

Oldtimer

ROCKYM
05-22-2005, 03:06 PM
The neighbors also know.Ive picked up quite a few lawns from people who their previous lawn guy thought nobody would know if they would only mow once or twice a month and come to find out they had a neighbor watching the house. I mow everybody the same if they are there or not. By the way,over 1/3 of my lawns are snowbirds.

nelbuts
05-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey all of FL is full of the birds. They are why you are in business. In fact if it were not for them most businesses one way or another would not be here.

Now do not charge in advance. That is not good business. You get paid when you do the job. That is the way it is in real life and if I were the customer I would find someone else rather than pay in advance. You know the sad part about living and working here is there is a lot of trash that does this work. They give us a bad name. One way they operate is to collect money up front and then skip. Why would the customer think you are any different. Oh and before you go through the lic. ins. letters on trucks, and clean mowers crap. Visit Charlotte County we have plenty of those very types in the construction trade right now screwing people left and right.

Do your work and collect your money.

Oh and for the guy who says you are a few days late who knows? You do, the neighbors, their best friend who watches the house. That is who. Once again someone giving a bad name on the industry. If you are rained out that is one thing but to give two or three cuts and charge four is bad.

Quite honestly I have been doing this for over 19 years (use to run three crews in Venice) and want to slap the crap out of people who trash my profession. You both are too close so make sure you stay north.