PDA

View Full Version : Mulch, how to get it on site

kemmer
05-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok, i need to get about 9 yards of mulch, should i let the nursery that im getting it from deliver? or should i do it, but make a couple of trips. I have a 6tf bed, no sides.

What looks better?

dfor
05-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Being that you only have a 6' bed without sides, you'll be lucky to get 2 yds. in there (at most). Have them deliver it.

sheshovel
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
You shouldent worry about how it "looks" and concentrate on how your gonna get it there.Now if you haven't figured out how much your truck bed holds yet your in trouble already.Have it delivered but make sure that's how much you really need and figure out where you want them to put it and when you want it delivered 1st.

kemmer
05-22-2005, 05:29 PM
my truck hold around 1.5 yards, and i measured and i need 9 yards
i think i am gonna have them deliever

Grass Masters
05-23-2005, 02:46 AM
weigh the cost of haveing it delived versus you picking it up

IF you pickit up you dont have to worry about cleaning up the area that they dump it and if you have extra at the end of the job it is already on the truck.

If they are gonna charge 50 dollars to deliver it and you can make the trip 6 times for less fuel and time then get it your self

ALSO see if the customer is fine with you having it delivered and droped you will be suprised at how many are not cool wiith that

T Edwards
05-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Snowy, pay for the delivery. Do you have the time to make 6 round-trips?

surfisher211
05-23-2005, 07:33 AM
yea have it delivered ! 6 trips = wear and tear on your truck + Gas + having to unload it = allot of wasted time. :waving:

Grass Masters
05-23-2005, 10:24 AM
THere is no diffrence in unloading it off the truck and off the ground now is there......Oh yeah there is off the truck she can get it coser to the area she needs to be

MarcSmith
05-23-2005, 12:23 PM
THere is no diffrence in unloading it off the truck and off the ground now is there......Oh yeah there is off the truck she can get it coser to the area she needs to be

unless teh area is surrounded by turf or the back of house with a gated fence....I would not think of driving a truck on client lawn unless i was doing major install and planned on replacing turf

get it delivered..., lay a big tarp down and have them dump on the tarp that way clean up is much easier

each trip is gonna take you 30 minutes minimum, times 6 trips is three hours of wasted production,...when you leave your site will your employees still work as hard while your gone....